Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:22 pm

H 66/L 46, winds out of the east at 45 mph, ¾” of rain

Patrols Today: A3
Captain Aito travels from Rock Hammer to Silverymoon
Captain Ensyer rests at Rock Hammer
Captain Thulver travels from Cholnudon to Rock Hammer
Captain Dominic defends Rock Hammer

The day starts off in fine fashion as three of the patrol captains are in Rock Hammer for breakfast. You are quite happy with the way things have turned out, and you are very confident in the leadership of the patrols now that Kremmel is out.

Soon after Aito departs. trumpets blare as the guards atop the outer wall at the end of the valley announce friendly riders entering the valley, you cast a quick glance up at Dominic atop the keep and wait for a better description.

“Five riders….from Silverymoon….city officials!” cries the captain.

You nervously take a deep breath; most of the visits from Silverymoon have been pleasant and productive. Others come with warnings, and with his arrival coming on the heels of what the Free Riders said you naturally brace for the worst.

The leader of the group dismounts just inside of the gates, the high late-morning winds blow his golden hair aside, revealing his elven ears.

“Good day, Lords of Rock Hammer.”

“And good day to your Valamros,” you reply. The usually soft-spoken government official of Silverymoon is not this business-like, something must be wrong.

“I am afraid my visit is not a social one, but rather a call to arms. Gentlemen, the orcish invasion we have dreaded all these years is upon us.”

Later in the day as you prepare to ride out you think back to this moment; Valamros’s news did not vary from that of the Free Riders, but it seems to take on a whole new meaning coming from a high ranking goverment official of the biggest city in the Silver Marches.

“The Silver Marches is not unaccustomed to seeing orcs, even armies of orcs as you can no doubt attest to. But about week or so ago we started seeing orcs of a different nature. Powerful, ruthless, and organized. I’ve heard your reports on Thar and the Broken Tusks, they too shared these traits. These orcish scouting parties we saw wore the symbol of King Obould Many-Arrows. Long has he kept his eye on the lands of the Silver Marches, watching and waiting to strike.”

“I know what you are thinking; how can the League of Cities, spanning several hundred square miles, be suddenly unprepared for a massive army of orcs? We believe that Obould has discovered an ancient dwarven portal underground near his stronghold in the Spine of the World Mountains, and has activated it. These series of portals linked the ancient dwarven kingdoms together and the exit for this portal is near Overlook, less than 50 miles from Silverymoon. We are mustering up what troops we can spare to assist those already in Overlook to head off this invasion.”

Valamros pulls a document from his vest and hold it in his hands, “You are to leave at once to the city of Overlook where you will report to the Council of Elders for orders.”

Valamros sighs heavily, and you get the feeling he doesn’t like the idea of drafting you into the army.

“Any questions?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:37 am

"Do not worry Valamros, we have made the Marches our home and intend to keep it that way. If a threat calls on us to fight for what we have worked for, then so be it. We will gather those we can and make way to Overlook."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaine

avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:40 pm

How large of a force are we expectd to muster from our community here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Valamros thinks about it for a minute, "I don't know...what is a typical adventuring party? Six? Yea, that sounds good."

DM Note - Any more questions for Valamros before he takes off? This would be the last bit for the forum for this "between adventure stuff". The next part would be our next sit-down session.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Is there a leader that we report to or are we it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:36 am

"You will report to the Council of Elders when you get to Overlook."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 am

Right. We go with you and don't let anyone in here. Got it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:17 pm

You quickly pack up your gear and head out for Silverymoon that same evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th   

Back to top Go down
 
A Call to Arms - Eleint 9th
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New Third Day song - Call My Name
» You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Hurtin' [official]
» Roll Call!
» FS: "The Call to the Gathering" music book by Don Bradford - $15
» Tykkus call it quits

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: