Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Tue May 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Eleasis 21st
H 86/L 66 – winds out of the south at 10 mph, .75” of rain

Closest Patrol Today:
Captain Aito departs in the AM to Silverymoon


Today is a bit warmer as you get up and look around the valley. A troop of riders arrive in the valley and make for the keep. They are from Silverymoon and they include a fair number of heavily armored individuals.

“Knights in Silver!” shouts one of guards from the lookout tower.

A non-military type hops off his horse and smiles, “Umberto, good to see you again.” It takes you a moment but you recognize it as being Valamros the city official.

“I am here to make good on the promise from Silverymoon in regards to the refugees,” he motions for a small chest to be brought forward, “5,000 gold, and that is just a start.”

“So tell me friends, how are things here at Rock Hammer?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 1:17 pm

" My thanks to Silverymoon for their support, the Temelites will be grateful as well. Things are fine, we have the aid of the a group of Paladins of Tyr, they are nervous the Dreadlord might retaliate. Also, we had three recruits, Delek, Janar and Troy. Delek and Troy seemed suitable for Rock Hammer, Janar however seemed strange. Have you heard of any these people? Outside of running into a dead end with the Orc occupants, we are making quite the little community here. And you Captain, Valamros , how are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Valamros shakes his head, “No, I have not heard of them. Me? Things are good, thanks for asking.”

The city official glances up at the sun, “Well, I best get back to Silverymoon. Best of luck friends, and call on me if you need.”

Valamros and his contingency begin to saddle up when you notice Janar, her bags in hand, heading out as well.

(Just a coincidence, I wanted to leave you an option if you still wanted to talk to Valamros or do anything with Janar.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 2:40 pm

" Valamros, do let us know if you find anything else out about the troubles in Temel. Be well friend."

Umberto moves towards Janar, " Where will you go Janar?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 2:55 pm

Valamros gives a friendly wave before riding off.

Janar briefly looks up before her eyes return to the ground in front of her. “I don’t know,” she says as she shrugs her shoulders, “it doesn’t really matter I guess.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 2:58 pm

" Could you perhaps shed some light on your nervousness? " Umberto asks, placing hand gently on the hilt of Merthuvial, silently invoking detect thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Damn you! It’s is a new day for that power, dammit!

Janar drops her backs and grabs your hands, “Please Lord, I beg of you. Please reconsider taking me”

1st Round Detect Thoughts - You detect the presence of one conscious mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 3:32 pm

It's good to be the king.

" Why the desperation? Why us? There are plenty of places to find work in the Marches?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Janar pauses for a minute, “Please Lord, please let me work here.”

2nd Round Detect Thoughts - Janar has an intelligence of 14.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 3:37 pm

" I understand that you want to work here, but why? Why are you desperate to work with us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 4:07 pm

BTW, I've added a new topic called Calendar Highlights to the forum. We usually cover a ton of stuff over a campaign week so I wanted to add this as a quick recap of what happened each day. I have the most recent week on there and will eventually go further back in time have hopefully have everything on there at some point.

Back to our show...

Janar stammers and her eyes return to the ground, “Because….I want to, um, work here. Can’t you just believe that?”

3rd Round Detect Thoughts If he doesn’t accept me, I’m dead. This is my last chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Wed May 21, 2008 4:13 pm

' Who has sent you here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 2:34 pm

Janar looks up and just glares at you without saying a word, with a are-you-trying-to-get-me-killed look on her face. She rubs her forehead, “No one, nobody sent me.”

4th Round Detect ThoughtsHe is going to kill me and my daughter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 3:46 pm

The monk looks calmly at the young woman. Taking a long pause, breathing deeply, then saying, "I am sorry about your situation, but I have a responsibility to the people of Rockhammer. I fear if I allowed you to remain here, you would bring harm to those I am charged with protecting. It is with great sorrow that I leave you to your fate, but I cannot risk the lives of many for the lives of few. May your god bless and protect you." Umberto leaves Janar slowly, trying to grab some last thoughts...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 5:31 pm

5th Round Detect ThoughtsDraw your weapon and kill him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Umberto turns around quickly, preparing for battle (focusing on Janar for dodge bonus). "Leave while you have the chance," the monk calmly threatens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 6:13 pm

Janar makes a half-hearted attempt with her short sword which you easily knock aside, disarming her. She falls to her knees and starts to cry, covering her face.

6th Round Detect Thoughts It's over. I have failed my family
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 6:27 pm

"I know you are distraught and you have been sent here against your will. Perhaps we can help, but I cannot help you unless you help us. Who sent you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 6:28 pm

Streams of tears run down her face, "The Dreadlord sent me. He has my daughter."

7th Round Detect Thoughts - She is certainly going to die now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 6:31 pm

"Where is she? How did he contact you?" Umberto takes a moment to call out to his comrades, and to Horace of Tyr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Janar quickly gets nervous as people approach, but soon Kregnok, Althalus, and Hasimir arrive (Horace is by the wall-gate).

"I don't know where he has her. I've...I've been working for him for the last month. He wanted me to infiltrate your camp and report back to him. He took my daughter to 'inspire me' is how he put it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Sense Motive? Can never be too sure...

Aside to Althalus, Hasimir-

"Do we chance this opportunity to find the location of the Dreadlord? How can we turn this to our advantage without risking the life of this woman's child?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Fri May 23, 2008 6:44 pm

Sense Motive - She seems honest and sincere about what she is saying.

I'll let Althalus and Hasimir chime in now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Sat May 24, 2008 3:52 pm

I don't know that there is a way to get close to them without endangering the child. If either one of us is spotted near their camp, then they won't have to wonder about how we got there.

What did the dreadlord want to know? Maybe disinformation would be our best distraction until we can decide what to do. We could always have her send word that our camp has been in disarray since the sacking of Temel and that we are in the midst of some disagreement with Silverymoon and the Knights of Tyr. We would have to be careful about how vulnerable we make ourselves appear though. We don't want to invite an attack either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   Sat May 24, 2008 4:07 pm

I was thinking a similar tactic, Hasimir, any further comments?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st   

Back to top Go down
 
Money Rolls In - Eleasis 21st
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» What cool stuff did you blow your money on today?
» Joint Compound Bucket drummers
» Jim Chapin on open rolls and other stuff
» Saxon v Ghettotone: Lewisham Boys Club. 21st October 1983 (pt2)
» John Elefante on Kickstarter

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: