Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Shocking News - Eleasis 14th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Eleasis 14th
H 76/L 56 Winds out of the north at 35 mph, .50” of rain

Closest Patrol Today:
Captain Aito departs in the morning to Silverymoon

Next Patrol:
Captain Ensyer arrives from Silverymoon in the evening of the 15th

Shocking news indeed. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:41 pm

We need to get back to the Hold! Panian, you take the fastest route back and relay the news. Be fast, but be safe!

Young woman, we should hurry. Are you and the children fit to travel? You must tell me more as we go. Also, did you see the druid? Was he in town when the attack came?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Meanwhile with Umberto...

The monk moves quickly to Hasimir,

" Hasimir, would you kindly take Tian and Leera back to the keep, I will be right behind you. Hinnar, do you have any men to spare? If so I would like Marina to lead them to Temel to help in whichever way we can."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:02 pm

"Tian, Leera, back to the keep as Umberto says. We need to get there as quickly as we can. Umberto, do we know who is leading this attack on Temel?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Point of clarification for Umberto....huh?

Hinnar is the gal in charge of the Red Wizards of Thay in their Enclave. You are in Silverymoon and were just talking to some mid-level city official.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Wow, I don't know what the hell I was thinking, I was hoping that Silverymoon would be able to aid a hand, with Marina joining them? Sorry about that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:13 pm

You may need to assess the situation in Temel first. Things are a little dicey in Silverymoon concerning Temel right now (end foreshadowing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Knods to foreshadowing, okay perhaps Hasimir, Tian, Leera and Marina and myself should go to Temel....thanks DM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:35 pm

You all make haste back to Rock Hammer Hold and can already see the effects of the sacking of Temel.

Refugees.

The valley in front of the keep is filled with them. Families with young ones with nothing but the clothes on their backs, milling about and searching for answers. Captain Dominic runs up to you as you near, “’Tis the best we could do, must be thirty of them here. Their mayor is right over here.”

Mayor Droverson sits against the outer walls of the keep, dried blood covers half of his face as he stares off into the distance. “They came out of nowhere. Literally…nowhere. They were just…there. We tried to fight back, but we are no match. It was terrible.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:41 pm

We need to start making a list of the skills that the refugees have and start working on temporary shelter for these people. Those that are able to work will need to pitch in and help, whether it be organizing, construction, gathering food and materials or tending to the wounded. I know these people are in shock from what they have experienced, but we need to get them motivated and get prepared for the possibility of attack on the Hold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 am

I agree Alth. Umberto moves to the Mayor and places his hand on his shoulder. "You have Rockhammer to shelter you, but we need the aid of your people, together we can get through this." Umberto speaks to the people of Temel, " People of Temel, today you were dealt a tragic blow, and had this happened months ago, I know that despair would fill your hearts. But the gods and fate have granted us this, Rockhammer Hold, a bastion of hope. We extend our hearts to you and open our doors. I call upon those amongst you who are well enough carry arms, I call upon those who can tend to injured and young and I call upon the wise to all step forward and join us against this vicious threat. Together, here we can stand, and will not falter!" Umberto turns to the Mayor, " You may have a moment to weep for the loss of Temel, but I need your help in leading your people. We need to know what your people can do down to the last child. They are out there , preying on the weak, we must make ourselves strong!" Umberto moves to Althalus, " let's get those who can fight what weapons and armor we can and seal up the keep."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:00 am

Hasimir finds his way to Althalus and Umberto.

"I'd like to find out how many people among the refugees need medical attention, how many can help provide it, and what supplies they need that we might beable to provide."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:12 am

"Excellent Hasimir, please make it happen."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 pm

First of all, nice speech Umberto. You are certainly worthy of Merthuvial.

Here is a breakdown of the people from Temel:

(1) Mayor
(2) bartender and child
(2) barmaids
(1) horse trainer
(3) farmer A and his family
(4) farmer B and his family
(2) farmer C and his family
(3) Miller and two kids
(2) herder and child
(1) vintner
(1) trapper
(3) unskilled laborers
(1) blacksmith
(2) shopkeepers
(2) innkeeper and child
(1) innworker
(5) retired individuals (elderly)

Couple of things you notice missing. No guards survived the attack and Evan Barksdale is not on this list. No one saw him escape the attack. Additionally you hear someone mention the Old Hermit was seen in town before the attack and no one saw him escape either.

You can see that there are none on this list that are able to fight. Sure, some of them may carry weapons but none of them could really fight.

Health wise everyone is ok. Nothing too serious, otherwise they wouldn’t have been able to make the trek to Rock Hammer Hold. They are very shaken though and now that the initial shock of the attack is wearing off, they are faced with the stark reality of what their future might hold. But they do feel safe here at the keep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Let them mill around a bit, however they should begin working together to build temporary shelters, our NPC hirelings who are not current busy could help with this. I think our fighters/class NPCs should be on high-alert. Any person who has experience in sieging/large scale battles should come forward and share info. We need to think about food, things will be tight for awhile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:48 am

Things settle down a bit at the keep as most of the refugees from Temel are shuffled in to the keep and prepare to camp in the courtyard area for the time being.

Johann Cross, the carpenter, approaches you. “I have myself, and my two apprentice carpenters in addition to our two laborers and the three from Temel, we have a considerable workforce to put towards building housing. My question is how we want to go about housing. Permanent or temporary?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:57 pm

I would say more permanent, in the case they do want to rebuild Temel, then we have housing for future residents. I would assume it will be more expensive, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Johann nods his head and gets his crew to work. Kate and Meredith the gardners, report that you will have enough food to feed everyone, but it is a real stretch. All the hunters have left to gather up what they can, including the trapper from Temel. The three farming families have agreed to work together to help with the crops here in the valley. The herder would like to get back to his flock just outside of Temel, if and when the coast is clear. Everyone else is helping out the best they can.

A few around later the trumpet blares from atop the battlement. Your heart learches forward for a moment in fears that the orcs are on the move. Scanning the valley you see a lone man staggering. It’s Evan Barksdale.

You rush out to meet him and Kregnok does his best to tend to his wounds. Evan catches his breath, “Temel is gone…for good I fear. The orcs did not just invade, they are staying. They have re-barricaded the north and south Everlund gates, shutting down Everlund Pass. I overheard them refer to Temel as Zeth’Gor But why would they want to stay in Temel? Surely they know Silverymoon will retaliate, don’t they? It’s suicide!”

“What about you lad,” asks Kregnok, “how did you manage to escape?”

Evan smirks, “I was going to be heroic and stay in the Temple of Helm. But that…damn Thar,” Evan’s eyes glass over, “destroyed the Temple. I thought I was a dead man, but instead they just threw me out of the city.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:19 pm

"Do we know how man were killed in Temel? Also do we have any one here who would know any sort of ancient history of the region, one of our bards perhaps? What is Zeth'Gor?" Umberto makes a note to ask Gravaar when he gets a chance. "This Thar, he must be dealt with. We need to get this information to Silverymoon if they haven't heard it already. We need to see what they plan to do." Umberto looks at his companions, " Captain Ensyer should be here tomorrow, if he is not we will send word."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:30 am

"Ancient history of this region? That would be the Hermit, he would know. Unfortunately, Althalus and I learned that he was last heard heading to Temel to follow up on some investigation. I don't suppose any of you saw what happened to him, do you?" Panian asks the crowd of Temelites.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:37 am

The mayor ducks his head into the crowd and shakes hands with Evan, "Good to see you again friend," he says with a smile before turning his attention back to you. "As far as numbers are concerned I don't know we lost anyone. I mean outside of the three guards that were working at the time, but I suppose they could have fled out the southern gate. Everyone is accounted for."

Evan rubs the back of his head, "The Hermit, I did see him after the attack. As I was being removed from what was my temple I thought I spotted him through the window of the general store. Hmmm, he's always seemed as a resourceful man and I guess I could see him evading the orcs while hiding in Temel, but I certainly don't know for how long he could.

The sun sets on a very eventful day and you gather everyone up and usher them into the confines of the courtyard for the night. Perhaps the next day will bring good news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Shocking News - Eleasis 14th   

Back to top Go down
 
Shocking News - Eleasis 14th
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Disciple news.
» Sad F.O.G. News
» Impellitteri news.
» Pillar news.
» NEWS FLASH! ! !

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: