Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Underground - Eleasis 2nd

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Lou

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Or a pillow?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Take my dagger.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I will take my time, carefully moving towards the sleeping beasts. Cutting their throats in their sleep. Monks can use daggers as far as I can tell. If everyone else could be ready to take down these guys if the awake, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin

Number of posts : 953

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Kelser takes the initiative and slowly crawls over the baricade to help out. You take out the first two no problem. The third one starts to wake up as you put the blade to his throat by the barbarian comes down on him hard with his greatclub, killing the varag and breaking the bed in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Umberto hands the dagger back to Kelser. "Thanks my, friend, we should give a quick search, and try to be quiet, just in case there are others in the area."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:02 pm

It not hard to be quiet in this room with the nearby waterfall.

Looking over the bodies you find a potion of bull's strength and (3) potions of cure moderate wounds, a +1 composite bow (+3 STR), a gold necklace (100 gp), 47 normal arrows, 6 silvered arrows, masterwork chainshirt, masterwork studded leather x2, masterwork scimitar x3, and 80 gold pieces.

A search of the sarcophagi reveals mummified corpses dressed in burial robes and shrouded in linens. Nothing of worth was interred with the bodies.

A search of the bedrolls uncovers a gold pendant on a broken iron chain (value 15 gp). The pendant looks like a three-headed creature. The leftmost head looks human, the rightmost looks like a viper, and the middle one appears to be a snake-human hybrid.

The backpack contains dried meat, waterskins, and a bunch of random adventuring gear.
Back to top Go down
Brick

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Tatyl takes a quick look at the backpack, "Hmmm, Heward's Handy Haversack" and casually tosses it aside to grab the gold pendant. She carefully looks it over and shakes her head.

"Yuan-ti."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:04 pm

Umberto suggests we throw all the gear in the Haversack and he can carry the lightened bag.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:44 pm

aye, we were carrying a bit of gear from the other encounters too, we can all lighten our loads a bit, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brick

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:32 am

Tatyl looks the two of you over with a bit of disdain, "Yaun-ti people, do you understand what we are up against?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Umberto blinks, " Yes, and I was ignoring the awful fact." The monk sighs heavily. "How are we in terms of spells and health?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:07 pm

I'm down one spell, for young Leera. Perhaps you should explain Tatyl, so we all know what it is you know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brick

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:04 pm

"Yuan-ti are descended from humans whose bloodlines have been mingled with those of snakes. Their evilness, cunning, and ruthlessness are...legendary. They constantly scheme to advance their own dark agendas. They are calculating and suave enough to form alliances with other evil creatures when necessary. Which might explain the connection with Dreadlord Burukhan."

"Yuan-ti are geniuses and fight as such. They plan elaborate traps and utilize their surroundings superbly in combat, preferring ambushes to direct confrontation."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Umberto shakes his head. "What are we doing down here again? This sounds terrible." The monk looks at his companions. " Well, I am ready, let us move forward with great caution. Perhaps Althalus can take the time to look out for traps."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Aye, cautiously... but something seems odd to me... perhaps the Yuan-ti are certainly working with this "dreadlord." That could certainly explain the amulet... but it seems odd to me that they'd be found here... Still... cautiously...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:56 pm

The air is filled with mist and spray from the nearby waterfall, but you see a slick staircase leading down to a ledge. A cavernous chamber opens to the east, its floor lost in darkness, and it looks like someone has built a rope line into the stairs as a way to make the descent easier.

After descending the slick and worn steps , you come to a ledge. On one side of the slick sheft is the waterfall and on the side is a cavernous pit. Spikes have been driven into the ledge on the western side nearest the waterfall, and a rope has been threaded through loops in their tops, forming a banister of sorts.

"So many visitors this day," cries the waterfall in a gravelly baritone. But no, the voice belongs to a ruggedly handsome man who steps from the falls clad in a shirt of shimmering mail. His silvery hair isn't wet, but it cascades over his shoulders in ringlets. A trim beard rounds out his face, accented by a silver chain around his neck from which hangs a pendant shaped like an acorn. Silvery bladed axes hang from a shining belt. His intense eyes are placid pools of blue and white, and he fixes a grim gaze on you, his jaw set. "Tell me, why came you here?"

Back to top Go down
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:24 pm

"I am Umberto Lunini of Rockhammerhold. We come for the citizens of Wageton. They have been concerned by dark happenings here. Since we have ventured through these dungeons, we have discovered a more sinister plan at work then we first had thought. Are you sir, a part of this dark cabal?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brick

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:38 pm

As you near the speaker you get a better look at what he is. He's short, and seems to be a part of the waterfall in a magical way. Tatyl whispers in your ears, "He is a fossergrim....like a dryad who is tied to a particular tree, his kind is tied to this waterfall."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Sigur smiles having received an answer he was seeking, Listen, evil ones have preceded you into this tomb, where they will certainly be destroyed. The Betrayer is compelled to slay them, if the foul creature in the next room does not. It (the creature in the next room) has learned that I wish it ill, and it comes and goes in the night. I can't watch this way in my sleep. My duty to guard these falls is more important that risking my life driving it from the tomb. Still, it's an abomination and it must be destroyed. Weapons touched by virtue can harm the spider most easily."

"Come, give me your hand and I will safely guide you down these treacherous steps. Return with proof that you have slain the spider and I will completely heal all of you."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:00 pm

" I thank you for your aid, I only wish our fallen comrade, Vadania could have met you. She was fair druid and would have enjoyed this encounter." The monk looks sadly at the fossergrim, then regains his composure. " Touched by virtue? Perhaps the weapons we found in the tomb earlier can hurt this creature more effectively?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:05 pm

DM Note - apparently "touched by virtue" refers to "good" weapons (good as in good vs. evil), and I think some of those weapons you picked up before would work. And the spider in question, well I'll just say it, has a Damage Reduction of 5/good.

Just giving you a heads up. We moving on to the next room? If so, any preparations before we enter?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Anyone have a bless weapon? Outside of that there is little I can do to this thing, except flail at it with my useless apendages. And as far as I can tell the only weapon we recieved from the tomb was rapier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:33 pm

I think you are right about the rapier (as far as being magical weapons you've picked up in this adventure). Any magical weapon and spells would cut through the damage reduction, as would anything over 5 in damage with a normal weapon.

Having said that, the spider may have been killed or weakened by Xeron and his forces who have gone through that room already.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:41 pm

The monk nods in understanding. I say lets do this, I'll distract it with this rock while Kelser squishes it. Monk is ready to go!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Sigur smiles as he sees you leave, "Return and I will heal your wounds!"

Having navigated the ledge, you reach a landing of stone so finely polished that it shines like glass. Ahead is a door engraved with a coat of arms containing a crown, a scepter, and a dragon rampant. The door is, however, cracked and broken on it's upper corner.

You all stand in front of the door that is near B16 (I didn't move your pieces on the map as you can see). Any preparations from the cleric before we enter?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   

Back to top Go down

Underground - Eleasis 2nd
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next