Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Underground - Eleasis 1st

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:46 pm

You wake up the next morning refreshed and ready to go. Everyone is up full with hit points (Tatyl and Vadania are maybe a point or two short of max) and everyone prepares for the day

This would be a good time for spellcasters (Kregnok) to write down your spells for the day and, of course, keep track of spells casts during this day.

Vadania starts by casting goodberry and producing 6 goodberries. Each one cures 1 hp of damage and is also equal to one meal.

With everyone set, Kelser swings open the door that peeked out the night before.
A narrow stone landing connects to a bridge built of rope and wood, apparently placed to cross a natural crevice here. The crevice is tight where it connects to the passage, and it isn’t much wider below you, though you can tell it contains some water. Gray with age, the bridge seems sturdy. At its far end, perhaps 30-feet away, the bridge connects to another landing and a wider chamber.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:19 am

Kregnok will double check the rope bridge moorings on this side, and suggest Althalus, Kelser, Vadania, Tatyl, Umberto, and finally himself cross the bridge. Kregnok will suggest that each person goes across one at a time, to ensure the bridge will hold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:19 pm

*Looks back from halfway across the bridge* "You say you want me to go first? On it, boss!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:10 pm

Umberto prepares to get on the bridge once the Ranger is off on the other side
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Althalus slowly moves across the bridge which creaks loudly as the ranger steps. At the halfway point Althalus notices the bridge support ropes fraying. With no time to lose, Althalus bolts for the far side as the bridge snaps. He leaps and makes it to the other side as the rope bridge falls into the water.

The ranger takes a good look at where the rope broke.

“Sabotaged. Probably to keep us from following.”

Now you are left with no bridge to cross. You can probably hop into water and wade across, but who knows what lurks below the surface.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:06 pm

Anyone have a rope?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:42 am

"Me have rope, fifty feet of it."
Back to top Go down
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:53 pm

Oddly enough, Althalus finds that he also has 50ft of rope...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:21 pm

Well, if Althalus can lauch an arrow to our side with rope attached, and we can launch a crossbow bolt to Althalus's side with rope attached, perhaps none of us have to get wet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:29 am

Althalus looks around his side and shakes his head, "No place to tie the rope off on this side."

The ranger looks down into the water, "It doesn't seem to be too deep, I think you could wade across easily. Even the dwarf."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:07 pm

*grumble*
Fine. We'll send everyone across first. I'll bring up the rear.

There's nothing quite as surly as a dwarf faced with the prospect of getting soaked to the bone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:15 pm

With a great deal of trepidation the five of you wade across the water with weapons drawn. The only incident is when Umberto shouts, “something just brushed past my leg” but it turned out to be nothing. Althalus helps pull everyone up to the other landing.

Vadania inspects the rope where it broke, “Who or why would someone sabotage the bridge?”

Smooth stone littered with small bits of broken rock and dirt makes up the floor of this chamber. The door to the northwest is shut and intact but remnants of the south door are propped up against a ruined frame and a badly cracked wall.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Althalus keeps a watchful eye on the water as the others tend to looking around the room and inspecting the doors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:30 pm

Kregnok will examine the doors, starting with the intact one, to determine if there are any more markings or glyphs that may be useful. Additionally, he will try to determine what happened to the stone door that's been shattered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:58 pm

The intact door to the northwest is unremarkable.

The southern door is basically just propped up against the frame. From the looks of it, someone or something busted down the door from the inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:17 pm

Possibly where our former Ogre friend came from then... perhaps we should head that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:16 pm

You have to shove the door aside to get in. Shattered stone and fresh dirt cover the slick floor of this devastated chamber. Judging by the remnants of masonry and floor tiles, this area was once part of the tomb complex. A rope ladder hangs near the broken door, leading up into the darkness. Just beyond it to the east, the slippery floor gives away to a shallow pool.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:38 am

hrm...

Althalus? Why don't ye keep a keen eye on the ladder, and we'll open the other door for a quick peek.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:10 am

Umberto will watch the open cavern to the south of us while you open the next dorr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:10 pm

Here is the description of the next room:

Ancient frescoes decorate the walls of this room, which might be octagonal. It’s difficult to be sure of this from your vantage point because walls partition the room. The art is not of the sort customary for a king’s tomb. Each of the interior walls that you can see shows images of men and women of many races carousing in a tavern. The outer walls near you depict a gold dragon defeating a red dragon. To the right and left are statues, one in the image of a beautiful princess and the other shaped like a knight ready for battle, sword raised and shield readied.

Althalus is in the other room, near the rope ladder (20 feet away from where Tatyl is) and thus is not on this map.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Kregnok will examine the room more closely, moving to J-13 and examining the center area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Kregnok moves into position and immediately you see his eyes widen. A hairy, hunched humanoid that has a face like that of a feral hobgoblin with horns that curve away from its skull lurches around the corner of a nearby wall. It would easily stand 7-feet tall if it weren’t traveling in an apelike manner, using its arms for additional support. Despite its dreadful pallor and oozing wounds, it moves with amazing speed. It wears dark leather studded with black iron, and it raises a scimitar in one of its gnarled hands as it gurgles and charges.

Round 1

21 – Sargus (Varag)
20 – Krusis (Varag) & Umberto
18 – Tatyl
17 – Althalus
10 – Kelser & Kregnok
9 – Vadania

A living versions of the undead creature (Kv) in front of Kregnok leaps into the fray. One of the horned creatures is thickly muscled and bears two swords, one shorter than the other. The second creature (Sv) is more slender wields only one curved blade. The larger one (Kv) barks, “Varg yom!” (goblin for “Flank ‘em!”)

Krusis (Kv) slices his scimitar across the chest of the dwarf, immediately sending him to “yellow

Umberto is up.



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:10 pm

The monk quickly moves at double speed to get into the room and as close as possible to aid his dwarven friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:45 pm

The monk dashes into the room and ends up next to Kregnok.

Tatyl casts Ray of Frost on Sargus (Sv) and he takes a small bit of damage.

Round 1

21 – Sargus (Varag)
20 – Krusis (Varag) & Umberto
18 – Tatyl
17 – Althalus
10 – Kelser & Kregnok
9 – Vadania

Althalus is up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:10 pm

Hearing the ruckas, Althalus will move to the doorway at N14 to see what is going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   

Back to top Go down
 
Underground - Eleasis 1st
Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Roots Hi-Tek: Club Roots Underground, London. 2005
» Underground Manga/Anime
» UK Garage mix (Pure Oldskool - Ice Cream)
» The Girls Aloud Party - Sound Of The Underground
» ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: