Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:23 pm

H 76/L 56 Winds out of the north at 20 mph

Closest Patrol Today:
Captain Aito departs in the morning to Silverymoon

Groggily you stumble out of bed after a very heavy night of drinking, trying to shake the cobwebs out. Ivan has prepared a nice greasy breakfast to help your morning.

After eating you head out into the courtyard and catch up with Dominic. Thanks to his careful watch, the guards are all in top shape this morning. Dominic thanks you for the additional guards you hired last week, “They are a welcome relief, no more dozing off while on post that’s for sure.” And reminds you of your promise to let the two guards build a house in the valley. You get the feeling that Dominic was checking to see if you were too drunk when you made the decision last night.

“Riders approach!” calls one of the guards from the tower, “from Silverymoon.”

A finely dressed official and a guard jump off their horses and approach the front gate. Dominic lets them in and the official makes his way to you.

“Greetings, lords of Rockhammer Hold, I represent High Lady Alustriel of Silverymoon and I bring news on the day of diplomatic relations. By this decree,” he hands you an official document, “you may now act on behalf of the Silverymoon in matters regarding the Nether Mountains. These broaches,” he hands you a bag of seven silver broaches, “bear the official insignia of Silverymoon and allow you to conduct matters in the best interest of the Silver Marches. Grave consequences await those who misuse this power. You will also receive a monthly stipend of 500 gold to use as you see fit to protect these mountains. A dialogue of information shall exist between the great people of Rockhammer Hold and the Everlund Pass Patrols, to further strengthen our commitment here in the mountains.”

The official rolls hands you the document he just read, “I need a signature here to make it official. Who will sign?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:04 pm

Hrm. I don't suppose there's any one of us more fit to sign than others. I'd say either the president *glancing at Umberto* or all seven, assumin' there's room enough.

*point of clarification... who is the current prez? Razz*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:59 pm

Duh, you are (still). Umberto was just a interim prez while you were gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:37 pm

You sign the document and hand it back to the official, “Welcome to the Silverymoon Patrol.” The guard hands him a small bad, “here is your first month’ stipend of 500 gp.”

The official nods to the guard and they mount up and get ready to leave, “The money is to be used for any purpose in keeping the Nether Mountains safe.” The official says before they leave. You get the impression that this would include bribes and payoffs.

“Well, it’s off to Wageton!” barks Kregnok, “Pack up, let’s go!”

Which brings up a good question of who to bring with you. This is the start of an adventure, so think about who you want to take. You PCs will not gain XP for killing monsters, only for money made. Your NPCs will get some XP for killing monsters, but if you bring too many there will be more people dividing up the same amount of XP.

I would suggest that Umberto, Kregnok, Althalus and any other PC that happens to be reading this go on the adventure. So, who all is going?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:06 pm

A finger wiggler would be nice, or a tank type or both. How about we grab a spelll caster from the Thayans and the Uthgart for a meat shield?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:55 pm

Sounds good, anyone else Mr. Prez?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:28 am

I agree. Althalus, Umberto, myself, plus Kelser, one of the Thayans. I also recommend bringing Syvgar, and would like to know if Vadania is interested in accompagning us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:17 pm

Syvgar (this may have taken place while you were out of town) is on assignment. He had been 'summoned' by the Black Knight one night and Althalus rushed him out of the keep in the wee hours on the 25th of Flamerule and took him to the spot where he was to meet the Black Knight.

Vadania is all set to go and wouldn't want to be without her beloved Umberto anyways.

So we have:

Kregnok
Althalus
Umberto
Kelser
Vadania
A Thayan Wizard (will meet you in Wageton)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:39 pm

As you head down to Wageton, you are a good three miles out when Kregnok makes an astute observation.

“First time we’ve all been on the road and together since we found the keep.”

He’s right, and you are amazed at how your lives have changed. Two months ago you were playing cards at Trean’t Hall in Silverymoon and now you are going to negotiate a trade agreement.

You enter the village of Wageton, the guard recognize Umberto as a frequent visitor. You get a weird feeling walking through town.

“Is Wageton always this quiet? Asks Althalus

“Hmm, maybe they partied it up like we did.” Replies Umberto.

Kregnok chuckles as you near the tavern. Cato June greets you at the door.

“Good to see you friends, right this way.” Cato takes you to a private room off the near empty main room.

“What is going on today, Cato, the whole town seems…subdued.” Asks Umberto.

Cato waves it off, “Just rumblings from the locals. You get a little weather on Mid Simmer and they feel it is a bad omen. Anyways the Defender of Justice, Lathkiera Morlund will be here shortly. I don’t suppose anyone is up for a drink yet?”

Kregnok grimaces, “Arg, I feel like Dain and the other dwarves are drilling for stone in my head.”

Cato smiles and starts to walk out.

“But I’ll have an ale.” Adds the dwarf.

After a light lunch the delegates from Sundabar arrive. Cato introduces you Lathkiera Morlund.

“Lady Stone” comes off as a very serious and powerful individual

“Mr. June tells me you are quite the band of heroes in these parts.” Says Lathkiera.

“Just trying to help out where we can,” answers Althalus.

“And humble too. Tyr appreciates modesty” she says.

One of her two aides rattles off a series of questions regarding the actual stone. Kregnok answers all the questions professionally since he rehearsed with Dain and even provides a small sample of the stone. The aide nods in approval to Lathkiera.

The other aide begins to ramble off numbers, making your head spin. He sees your troubles and states plainly, “You’ll profit about 1500 gold a month. How does that sound he says with a smile.”

Knowing this is about 25% higher than Dain said to expect, Kregnok winks, “Aye, that’ll do.”

Smiles and handshakes go around the room after striking the deal. Lathkiera offers the slightest of smiles and walks over to the door.

“I want to introduce someone to you.” Entering the room is a tall, broad-shouldered man with long, a drooping moustache. He wears elaborate and well-polished half-plate.

“This is Horace Danim, champion of Tyr in Sundabar. He is on the hunt for a very evil and twisted individual and as fate would have it, the reason we need this stone for our temple.”

The paladin nods, “Thank you Defender. We have been on the tail of this individual and believe him to be in the Nether Mountains.” Horace produces a drawing of the person, but you already know who it is.

“His name is Dreadlord Holt Burukhan, high priest of Bane. Have you seen him?”

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:20 pm

We have. **leaning in more closely to ensure that unfriendly ears don't hear** We currently have someone keeping an eye on him and feeding us information. We will, of course, share any news we get with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 pm

“Wh-What? Really?” needless to say you have stunned the usually stoic paladin. You go on to briefly explain how Burukhan stumbled into your camp and his negotiations with Syvgar before leaving hastily. Horace and Lathkiera exchange looks of astonishment at your story. Once the paladin has a moment to digest what you said, he continues.

“I will be scouring the mountain until I find him and his new base of operations. I will be in touch with you periodically to receive updates. Gentlemen.” Horace nods politely and leaves.

Lathkiera apologizes, “Most impressive gentlemen. Horace is the finest paladin in Sundabar and he and his men will deal with Burukhan. We must return to Sundabar now. We will expect your first shipment around the first of Eleint (one month from now).”

Lathkeira shakes your hands and her and her aides leave. Cato June invites you to the common room of the tavern where you enjoy a round of drinks from your host, “To continued partnerships!” toasts Cato.

After a couple more rounds the tavern starts to fill up. One patron in particular is Tatyl, a young female wizard from the Red Wizards of Thay. She waves and smiles, “Great party last night,” she adds, “we thank you for your hospitality.”

“Come drink with us las, we’re celebrating again!” shouts Kregnok.

Tatyl smiles, “I will in a minute.” She starts to makes the rounds taking the time to talk to everyone in the tavern. Probably part of the ongoing trust building process in this area for the Thayan wizards.

A commotion arises from the back of the room. The innkeeper, a woman dressed in the uniform of a town guard, and a prosperous-looking dwarf stride through the doorway and into the common room. Unswerivingly, the innkeeper walks up to your table.

“Are you mercenaries?” the big man asks. He glares at you with dark eyes as if challenging you to deny it. “Are you adventurers? We need brave and capable folk, right now, and we’re willing to pay!”

“What is going on?” asks Cato.

“Mia says we have trouble up in the old graveyard,” the innkeeper continues, indicating the woman in uniform. She looks uncomfortable, and you sense fear from all the onlookers. “We need your help and we need it now!”

Cato, the innkeeper, and everyone else in the tavern look upon you for an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:26 pm

**gets up and stretches, looking at the others** "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:12 pm

Umberto knods at Althalus, then says to the big man,"Where is this graveyard, so we may make haste and ease all your troubles?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:50 pm

“Praise be!” shouts someone from the crowd as you make your way to the front door. Ian (the bartender), Mia (female guard), Gran (dwarf) and Cato all walk along side you. Mia gives you some more details on what has transpired recently.

“Three locals went up to the graveyard the day before last (Flamerule 30th) to prepare a recently deceased member of their family for interment in the graveyard mausoleum. They did not return. When they were reported missing, two guards went to investigate and didn’t return either.”

Tatyl holds the door open for all of you to exit, “Mind if I join you?” she asks loud enough for everyone in the tavern to hear you.

“Aye las!” barks Kregnok.

The ten of you trudge through the darkened streets of Wageton toward the cemetery. The quartet of townsfolk you walk with seem nervous and they are a bit quiet. This would be an opportunity to ask any more questions before you start this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:14 am

"What were there names? And how might we know them? When was the last time someone's been through the graveyard?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:00 am

They also mentioned it being their OLD graveyard, why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:20 pm

Mia chimes in to answer the dwarf’s question, “The three were of the Yurling family. Morgan and Desiree own a large farm on the south side of Wageton and Tyra is their daughter. The two guards names were Dornal (dwarf) and Zeera (human female). Both are trained fighters whom I trust to do their job.”

Gran pipes in, “I was just in the graveyard the day before the Yurling’s went missing.”

Cato answers the monk’s question. “It’s called the old graveyard as it has been here for centuries, some even say it predates the town itself. Prominent people of Wageton are buried in the graveyard’s mausoleum, the centerpiece of the graveyard. Legends about the graveyard are positive ones about protective spirits and eternal rest.”

You walk in silence a bit further and reach the edge of the graveyard.



The townsfolk stop here and will go no further.

“On behalf of Wageton I’ll pay you 50 gp each to investigate the disappearances,” Says Cato, “I will pay you an additional three times that amount to go into the mausoleum and catch or destroy whoever or whatever defiled the place. That’s a total of 200 gp each for the deed. The graveyard is…sacred to us. Is this acceptable?”


Last edited by on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:49 pm

Also, I need initiative numbers from Umberto and Althalus, and from KRegnok I need your new 2nd level hit points. You just need to roll a d8 (+1 for CON bonus) and add that to your first level hit points (9) and let me know what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:50 pm

eh... 16 total (9 +7)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:01 pm

Hey dwarf! While you were here you could have answered the "Is this acceptable?" question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:36 pm

The payment is acceptable, we shall bring light onto this situation. Whenever my comrades are ready, we can proceed.

Init- 14
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:52 am

oh feh

*ahem*

"Aye, tis acceptable, but possibly not needed. Why don't we see if we can locate your friends and comrades, and we shall discuss everything else when we return. Unless of course, my comrades disagree."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:52 pm

No one disagrees and an urgent Cato replies, “Thank you so much and best of luck.”

Mia walks you up to the gate. Ivy winds its way up the iron bars of the cemetery gate. No rust discolors the black metal, and flowers blossom near the wall. Beyond the wall you see a gravel walkway that weaves its way up through groomed grass and white tombstones. A few statues rise up along the hillside, their gray features gleaming in the moonlight.

“That’s not good,” says Mia. “The gate is open.”

You give each other one last look before pushing open the gate and venturing up the path. Umberto stops the group and looks down at the ground.

“The gravel has been stirred up here, as if someone began to run here.”

Althalus bends down and take a good look at it. “Two people. Wearing boots. The one slightly smaller than the other did the running.”

You all continue on to the mausoleum. The graveyard appears old but lovingly cared for. Fresh gravel covers the path and flowers, not weeds, grow beside the tombstones.

A narrow path winds its way up the hill toward a large structure flanked by ancient, life-sized statues of a warrior and a priest. Two humanoids lie sprawled on the mausoleum’s steps. Dark liquid seeps out from under the bodies, and beyond them, the doors to the mausoleum are open.

“Movement!” snaps Althalus as he draws his longsword, “near both statues."

“Another!” barks Vadania, “Worg, by the back gravestones!”

Legend:
Al = Althalus
Um = Umberto
Kg = Kregnok
Vd = Vadania
Kl = Kelser
Ta = Tatyl

Wa = Wolf A
Wb = Wolf B
WG = Worg

The color of your initials on the board corresponds with your health. Bad guys are always in Red. When it's your turn and you want to move, it's probably easier to call out the square you want to move to (like D12 for example).

Here is our initiative for this encounter:

(20) Wolf B
(15) Tatyl & Kregnok
(13) Wolf A
(12) Kelser, Vadania, Worg
(11) Althalus
(6) Umberto

Here is our map:


Last edited by on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:04 pm

Wolf B, ducks out from behind the statue and charges at Vadania, snapping at her but just missing.

Tatyl takes one step forward and points a finger at Wolf B. A ray of frost emerges from her and strikes the wolf in the side.

Kregnok is up next.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:37 pm

Kregnok will move to J9 and ready for Wa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd   

Back to top Go down
 
Shieldmeet - Flamerule 32nd
Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: