Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Mon May 21, 2007 7:30 pm

H 81/L 61 Winds out of the east at 15 mph

Today starts out like any other day. Dain leads the dwarves to work on the quarry. Gravaar heads out for a day of hunting. Kivon and Kalunt fire up the forge. Kate and Meredith work in the garden. Dominic scolds one of the guards for falling asleep on post. Phyllis treks her wares down to the Pass. Syvgar, Nadia, and Kelser lounge around the courtyard. Not special about today. Yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Mon May 21, 2007 7:31 pm

The grayish colored full platemail armor is nearly destroyed and no right minded dwarf would be caught dead putting this stuff on. But you get the feeling that the knight will put what is left back on as soon as he can. You figure you could probably bang out a few dents and fix enough of it to make it serviceable. You wouldn’t suggest anyone go out into battle with it though.

The damage done to it comes from a myriad of wounds. Most of them are from longsword and lances.

You get to work on it in the forge and notice an emblem on the chest. Very faded but with work you can make out a black fist holding greens rays.



Also known as the Black Lord, the Black Hand, and the Lord of Darkness. It is the symbol of Bane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Tue May 22, 2007 2:20 pm

Kregnok will frown, but will make the knight's armor as serviceable as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Fri May 25, 2007 9:35 am

"I have news to report to all of you my friends, and at first I thought to keep this from you all, but now I feel it is time to share my plans. I was visited last night by the mysterious Mr. M of Cholnudon. He entered my room using invisibility and threatened me to continue production of poison, or else. He did offer to pay me handsomely if I continued however. My proposition is this: I shall continue my production of this poison, entering this organization as a mole, using the funds to strengthen us and our neighbors so that we may take this group down from the inside. Dangerous, yes I know. But I think this might be the best way to deal with these criminals."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Fri May 25, 2007 9:36 am

Althalus - How do we know they don't have an invisible agent here, listening to your plan? At any rate, I will remain non-compliant if contacted, and that should serve to support your cover. I am assuming that they believe you are working against the will of the hold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Fri May 25, 2007 9:37 am

There certainly must be a reason why they selected you for a personal visit. I agree, it is a risky plan, but one worth investigating. Althalus brings up an excellent point tho... we must be careful that walls may have ears, and eyes. Perhaps Melisi may have something in her repertoire that could be of assistance to us in obtaining a safe speaking place within our home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Fri May 25, 2007 9:37 am

Man, I love this idea! Very exciting stuff! Also, there are two new and improved topics; Known Places and Known People/Organizations. I’ve tried to add in as much as I could to both of these and added a link the first time they appear in this storyline. Like the first time the Ripped Guts Tribe of orcs was mentioned, there is a link to the Known People/Organizations. So, if you ever see mention of something that you think should be added to the Known Places or Known People/Organization page just let me know.

Back to the story…

It is late in the afternoon and the aroma of a delicious dinner cooked by Ivan wafts through the keep. As it is with his meals, the inhabitants of Rockhammer Hold start to gravitate closer and closer to the dining room in anticipation of another great feast. You hear a clanging coming from the hallway, and around the corner comes the knight, wearing the armor that Kregnok repaired to the best of his ability.

“Lad, are ye daft? Ye should be in bed resting,” remarks the dwarf.

The knight holds his side and winces in pain, but continues on as if he never heard Kregnok speak. He shuffles through the crowd, making his way to the front gate. Vadania reaches out with a caring hand, but the knight rudely knocks her hand away. You all stare in stunned silence as the knight slowly crosses the courtyard and stops in front of Dominic.

Breathing heavily the knight barks, “Open…open the damn gate…you sod!”

Dominic looks back at you with a ‘what-do-I-do?’ look on his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Fri May 25, 2007 11:50 am

Feh. Let 'im go. If he wants to stumble off like a drunk to be picked off by the wolves, leave 'im to it. If however, he decides he wants to live another night, and gain his strength for the hazards ahead, then help 'im back to his bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Fri May 25, 2007 12:08 pm

(DM Note - Originally I forgot about the knight's horse, so I rewrote this to fix it and deleted some post after this with people asking about the horse. I know, I'ma dumb DM sometimes - but I can kinda fix it. And since Wil I think was the only one to post, no real harm then. Kinda. Oh well. Here is the revised post.)

Dominic shrugs this shoulder and open the portcullis. The Knight grunts something unintelligible and seconds later his horse trots out from the former stable (now forge) area. The knight struggles to get on his stead and waits for the portcullis. Once open, the horse takes two steps forward before the knight pulls on the reins and stops the horse. Slowly he turns around in his saddle, maybe to offer his thanks for your help.

Instead he smirks.


And leaves Rockhammer Hold.

What a weirdo!

Things start to go back to normal around the stronghold and most you gather for the evening meal. You look over and see Panian kinda staring off in the distance, his meal untouched.

"Panian," says Althalus, "you ok?"


Last edited by on Fri May 25, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Fri May 25, 2007 12:11 pm

Panian snaps out of his trance, "Yes, yes I'm fine."

Everyone looks onto to him to elaborate.

"While I am not certain, I thought I saw the knight nod slightly to Syvgar as he was leaving. I hesitated to mention as I am not positive that is what transpired."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Fri May 25, 2007 12:15 pm

"No, you right elf." interrupts the goblin, still slurping down his spiderweb soup he made himself.

"Me see it plain. Him nod, then Syvgar nod back. Very little nod. But both nod." The rest of you exchange glances trying to think what that could have meant.

"Ewwwww", K'Gorsz shivers intentionally, "that guy give me creeps."

"Which one?" you ask

"Both."
Back to top Go down
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Sat May 26, 2007 12:59 pm

Well, perhaps Syvgar can shed some light on this matter. Where has he gone to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Sat May 26, 2007 1:04 pm

You look around for a minute and don't see him. You start to get worried that something has happened, then you see him walk around the corner. He picks up plate and starts to gather some dinner. He seems none the wiser on what is going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Sat May 26, 2007 1:47 pm

"Hail Syvgar, what has kept you? Normally yer the last to turn down a meal!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Sat May 26, 2007 1:57 pm

"Nothing. I just returned to my room for a moment, heh, you know a good rogue always checks and re-checks his belongings." Syvgar says with a smile as he goes back to his plate.

You get to thinking about it and you wonder about Syvgar's situation here at Rockhammer. He was hired a month ago by Bastion and Bastion has had him do zero tasks in that time. That's a lot of idle time for a rogue. Who knows what goes on in the half-orc's mind.
Back to top Go down
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Sun May 27, 2007 3:27 am

Aye, I suppose you're right. Tell me Syvgar... I belive we're not using you to your fullest potential. Do you have some suggestions for us? Surely someone of your skills would have an, interest, that would be worth checking on?



Additionally, Kregnok will announce that he is on leave for 3 weeks, and will leave Umberto in charge in the mean time. (Army calls y'all, here comes Texas)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Sun May 27, 2007 11:48 am

OMG! We're invading Texas? Well, have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Sun May 27, 2007 11:56 am

Syvgar sets down his fork. Apparently you have caught him off-guard with that comment. "Syvgar don't feel...important 'round here. Syvgar get hired by elf and elf not give Syvgar any work. Syvgar see other elf lead party to Wageton, Uthgardt barbarian lead attack on bugbears, even little goblin get work to do. Dumb elf give Syvgar nothing."

"That's it," Syvgar scoots his chair back and stands up, "Syvgar try and fit in and never works. Syvgar done here at Rockhammer Hold. Maybe someone else wants to hire Syvgar!"

Syvgar brushes by the crowd of you standing in the dining room and then stops at the exit.

Without turning around the half-orc speaks, "Unless...someone else here hired Syvgar and put me to work?"
Back to top Go down
Geoff

avatar

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Mon May 28, 2007 2:03 pm

Althalus: *jogs up to Syvgar at the gate* Syvgar, I could always use another hand with the scouting and patrolling. I do have one condition to your staying. You need to tell me everything you know about that knight. Several of us noticed you and the knight nodding to one another and I want to know what you know. I will gladly pay you for your services, but information is the price of us allowing you to remain here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Mon May 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Syvgar stops and thinks long and hard for several minutes.

"Deal."

You head back into the keep and all gather around one of the dining tables to hear of Syvgar's tale. "Him name Burukhan, him powerful man from Sundabar. Funny title...Dreadlord maybe? Him worship Bane, make Syvgar nervous. But him promise Syvgar riches and fame. Him going to send word to me as soon as him set up base in these mountains. Some paladin chase him out of Sundabar not long ago. Him end up here. Plenty bad man."

You all sit in silence contemplating the ramifications of what the half-orc rogue had to say.

"Maybe Syvgar join, but only pretend to join? Get information for new boss Althalus? Just idea. Syvgar not too sure about idea."

"Syvgar ready for work when you say boss. Syvgar have lot of skills, most of all in elimination. But Syvgar do whatever needs done, boss."

DM - Syvgar is a 1st level half-orc rogue now hired by Althalus. He has max ranks in Hide, Move Silently, Pick Pocket, Open Lock, Search, Spot, Tumble, and Disable Device. He is to be paid 10 gp a month.
Back to top Go down
Lou

avatar

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 am

"Good luck and be well on your leave Kreg. I will be sure we do not burn down the keep in your absence. " Umberto nods in satisfaction. " Good save Alth, has anyone seen Nadia? Bastion's other hired hand? If she needs reassurance of her importance here at the keep, we should be sure to retain her services."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Tue May 29, 2007 12:47 pm

Nadia yawns and then is startled by hearing her name, "Huh?"

The young bowmaker staggers over to where you all are standing, "Hmm, that's funny you mention that, because I was just thinking of asking Kregnok to take me on, since it is in his forge area that I would be constructing my bows. Do you think Kregnok would hire me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   Tue May 29, 2007 12:54 pm

"Aye las, Kregnok will take ye on!"

(Wil said I could respond for him from time to time - as long as it wasn't toooo evil)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd   

Back to top Go down
 
A Nice Day - Flamerule 23rd
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Nice street performer
» Nice Boys
» Ads
» King Jammy's Superpower - 38 St Lucia, Waterhouse, Kingston 11, May 1985
» Jammys vs black Scorpio 23 Feb 1985 Sleng teng dropped

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: