Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The Tiamat Fight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: The Tiamat Fight   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:29 am

So, I've done some poking around to see the best way to conduct this fight (and also leveling you jokers up). Here is the official rules for Starting at Higher Level in regards to magic items (DMG pg 143):

7. Choose Equipment and Magic Items: Mundane equipment is much less important for higher level characaters that it is when you're starting out. Choose whatever standard adventuring gear you want from the tables in the Player's Handbook. For magic items, choose one item of your level +1, one item of your level, and one item of your level -1 (of course, since there are no level 31 items, you'd get two level 30 items). In addition, you have gold pieces equal to the value of one magic item of your level -1 (looked it up, it would be 2,625,000 gp). You can spend this money on rituals, potions, or other magic items, or save it for later (there will be no later in this battle!)

So, it looks like a couple of you have already updated to 30th level, nice job! I guess it would be prudent to go back remove all of your items, and then rebuild with the above formula, which would be:

(2) 30th level items
(1) 29th level item
2,625,000 gold
any magic items you already had (Lou & Jordan - skip holding Merthuvial and Wicked Fang, I don't want to level those items up myself, I'd screw it up likely)

Also, I've been reading up on what other DMs experienced running this battle. Apparently the first two rounds are a bitch (like 2-3 PCs are dropped), but once you get past that it is a lot easier. I guess this battle is about 2-3 hours long, and I think one person said it took like 6 rounds or something like that.

So, level your guys up to 30th with the above information. We don't need to delete the characater's yet, we should have enough room after deleting the Moonsea characaters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com

The Tiamat Fight
Page 1 of 1