Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Blaine

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blaine

avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:14 pm

"So, you believe this situation is all means of pulling me, personally, into a confrontation with the People of the Black Blood...? That seems a bit over done considering that one of Selune's primary commandments is the slaying of lycanthropes. If they wanted to test my faith and resolved, all they needed was to call me out... Well, there is no question of my participation. I must rescue our sister Elin'qa and send a message that the taking of innocents as a means of getting my attention has consequences. When is the meeting supposed to occur?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:32 pm

C’Nedra shakes her head, “They do not mean to test your faith or resolve, they mean to test their own prowess in the hunt. As far as the meeting, they will wait a full week until they assume you won’t answer the call.”

C’Nedra walks around the table and gives you a hug, “Rally the rest of the Brigade and by Selune be careful. I am certain they have something sinister planned.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Blaine

avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:31 pm

"It shall be done. Please...if you have other words with the Six Fingers, let Dende know what has come to pass and tell him that I love him."

Player to DM:
Regarding the rallying of the Brigade, do you want me to prep a statement to the group and post it here or will you be starting another thread to intro the next adventure?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 pm

You posting a statement would be awesome! I think we'll post it up either in the Election 1479 thread or to start a new one. I'll give you a heads up when to post it, or feel free to do it when you feel it is right. I'll probably just use the Election 1479 thread and not start a new one. I think Baern might have knowledge of this note as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:03 am

In Xune’s thread we fast forward a couple months from the night you met with President Lunini and talked of a succession of power…Winter’s icy grip has reached into the mountains as the city of Rock Hammer prepares to battle the elements. You make haste to the Temple of Selune this morning when a passerby praises you.

With a quick “thanks” and a friendly wave you continue on your way. How many things might one thank you and the Brigade for? Over the years and through the countless battles and adventures it is damn near possible that every single inhabitant has thanked you by now.

“Excellent work rescuing the children from those beasts near Sundabar,” the stranger shouts, “you showed resolve and determination to see good prevail that day.”

The bridge to the Amyria Ward is covered in a thick layer of ice so you use caution when crossing. It wouldn’t look good to fall on your ass while being complimented.

“Thank you friend, and thank Selune for keeping the children safe.” You respond.

You grab on to the railing to keep steading, shaking your head at the conditions. All praise to Selune, but perhaps this drow should have remained underground with weather like this.

“My friend, Blaynden, was happy to see you succeed.”

Wait. What did he say?

You stop to turn your full attention to the speaker. He is a middle aged man with spectacles and long black robes. Dressed like a merchant he carries a stack of books under his arm. It must be his wares. You make your way off the bridge and over to him.

“Blaynden, you say?”

The man smiles, “Yes. Blaynden Darhunson of the Vault of Sages in Silverymoon. He speaks very highly of you.”

You first met Blaynden in Silverymoon many months ago when you rescued him from kobolds led by a shadar-kai who were stealing books. Specifically the Septasigilurue. It is widely thought that the sage was a member of the Harpers.

“How is Blaynden, Mr….”

“Sil. Sil Beltrick. Merchant of tomes of book of Luruar.” He says with a polite bow. He scans the ice covered roads before continuing. “Blaynden is…troubled. Troubling news of evil stirrings in the north.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 am

DM Note - Ok, we are going to side track a little from the above post. This one below takes plave about the same time (ish). If you want to respond to Un'Goro's post, do it here in your thread and I'll copy it into his thread. Also, you can respond to the thread above.

Ungoro invites Baern and Xune into his humble apartment. His bear companion, Cojiro lounges in the sun filtering through the small window, one of two in the meager home.

Un'Goro: "My friends I fear that Homba has betrayed us. While inquiring about some curious events in the Lower Wards, I was attacked. I questioned the leader of the guard, our guard," Ungoro pauses, stifling a snarl. "He said he was told to stop my inquiries, to stop me from garnering the support of the Lower Ward for Baern. He said that our Homba, of The Brigade was directly responsible for the attack." The Half-Orc raises his eye slowly to his compatriots. "Give me reason to not paste the fowl Bologard on the streets of Rockhammer. Give me a reason to not protect our home."


Last edited by Sam the DM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Blaine

avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:25 am

Reply to first post:
"We, of the Brigade and protectors of Rock Hammer, hold Blayndens knowledge as wise counciil in most concerns. Has Blaynden shared his concerns with you in more detail? Are you acting as his messenger?"

Reply to second post:
"Ungoro, this affront is vile indeed. I am happy your survived the encounter. You know my contempt for the Bologard family has limited exceptions....however, the words of this man seep from his mouth without honor. Could this simply be an attempt to encourage divisions within the Brigade? What say you Bearn?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Sil smiles, “Blaynden is a colleague of mine, fellow bookworm as it were. I’m afraid he has no more information on what transpires in the north than I do.”

Sil looks you over for a moment, perhaps gaging your abilities.

“I travel to the village of Long Saddle, about a week’s journey to the north. Perhaps you, and your friends could join me. Important work could be at hand.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Blaine

avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:12 am

Insight check to see if you his on the up and up or has other possible intentions.

"Blaynden's concern certainly carries weight amongst we of the Brigade. I will broach the subject with the others and relay our conversation. Where may I find you here in Rock Hammer? I shall find you and pass on our decision before you head to the north."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:03 am

Sil looks you up and down, “Really? Do you make an Insight check on EVERY one you meet?”

Ah, just kidding, Sil is legit and on the up and up.

“I will be staying at the Stone’s Throw.” Sil shuffles through the snow to come over and shake your hand and you feel him slip something to you in your hand.

“We would love for you to have this, if you are up to it. If not, it is understood, you can return it to me before I leave for Long Saddle.”

Sil bows and heads off.

You look down at your hand and find a Harper pin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Blaine

avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Xune would definitely want to confde in Ce'Nedra about what occured. Xune is flattered by the offer, but would be concerned with devided loyalties (Sehanine/Selune, The Brigade, Rock Hammer, etc).
Xune would also want to know what magics are bound to this Harper pin. Though they are a secretive lot, it is well known that the pins of The Harpers carry protective magics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Blaine   Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Ce’Nedra listens to your concerns and assures you that the Harpers are a collection of like-minded people here in Luruar, whose chief concern (lately) is battling against Netherese plots and incursions. Ce’Nedra doesn’t think that being a Harper agent would take up a great deal of time but she does tell you that, “A time will come, very soon, when you will not just only stand for Sehanine and Rock Hammer, but instead you will need to stand for Good and all of Luruar.”

Ce’Nedra add, “I know you have a lot on your plate, but do not feel overwhelmed. I will sent the one you rescued, Elin’Qa Silverstar, to be of service to you. She will be your loyal henchman and friend and she is eager to get back to a normal lifestyle after all of what has happened to her and her husband.

Here are the details on the Harper Pin:

Harper Pin
Level 3 Rare
This pin, depicting a crescent moon and a harp, bears the blessing of three goddesses.

Wondrous Item 680 gp
Requirement: You must have the harper agent theme.

Property
When you acquire the pin, you gain one blessing of your choice: Lliira’s grace, Mielikki’s endurance, or Tymora’s luck. When you use Harper’s blessing, you can use the chosen blessing. You gain a second blessing to choose from at 5th level and a third blessing at 10th level.

Harper's Blessing Encounter Utility
Effect: You use one of the following blessings that you have gained.

Lliira’s Grace
Trigger: You miss with an attack.
Effect (No Action): Roll 1d6 and add the result to the triggering attack roll.

Mielikki's Endurance
Trigger: You take damage.
Effect (Immediate Interrupt): Reduce the damage by 5 + one-half your level.

Tymora's Luck
Trigger: You fail a saving throw.
Effect (No Action): Reroll the saving throw with a +2 power bonus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Blaine   

Back to top Go down
 
Blaine
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Rule of Three-
Jump to: