Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Wil

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Methrammar nods and smiles slightly, “You are wise, master dwarf, you know that keeping this a secret with further your chances of success. In addition, I do not long for this knowledge of the vulnerability of our fair city to become public.”

The High Lord of Silverymoon stands and shakes your hand, “If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask.” You get the feeling that you could literally ask for anything and get it from this man.

Unless you have any other questions for him, he leaves to return back to Silverymoon. Blaynden will stick around.

“It is not easy to fall in favor of Lord Methrammar,” says Blaynden, “but you have impressed him, Baern.”

Blaynden quickly gets down to business, “How soon can you assemble this adventuring party of yours? I shall return in two days with Danovar Brighthelm, a dwarven harper guide who lived in Forgehome previously. He will guide your group to the dwarven mining town and establish a base of operations for them.”

Blaynden takes a deep breath, “This is going to be a long, arduous task, I hope your friends are up to it.” He reaches into his pocket and hands you a Harper pin. “And I hope you are up to it as well.”

Unless you have other questions for Blaynden, you can post up in the other thread to let the other members of the Brigade in on what transpired here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 pm

DM Note – I know you are “currently” dealing with the thread where you are talking to President Lunini. This thread is taking place about the same time, but obviously not exactly. We can do both threads at the same time.

Things are in motion for becoming King of Rock Hammer. The Kingdom Society works tirelessly to thwart the efforts by the Bologards who want to see the city remain a republic. What a joke, they don’t want to give up power. Every day you convince more and more people that this change is going to be great for everyone.

The other day you heard that Logan had gotten in touch with the Six Fingers. You desperately want to get an update so that you might inform your friend, Lord Methrammar of Silverymoon, that your team is still on the hunt for the Septasigilurue. However, Logan seems to have lost the Sending Stone. Most likely when he was drunk. He seems…different lately. More brooding, more sinister perhaps?

A couple of days later you make your way to the Greatrock Ward and touch base with Malik Ironhands, High Priest of Moradin. He speaks of a conversation he had with C’Nedra of Selune who thinks there is a split amongst the high priests of the five faiths in Rock Hammer. C’Nedra promised that she is looking into it.

Malik did mention that C’Nedra had “acquired” the Sending Stone. Needing to hear and update in person and to check in with Keira, you hustle over to the Temple of Selune to use the device.

Keira is fine and she quickly catches you up to speed. They have just left the establishment of Seven Pillard Hall and head directly to Menzoberranzan next. She did have three interesting updates:

First, Carlos the dwarf is stressing that the Six Fingers needs to recover the other book that went missing from the Vault of Sages in Silverymoon. Asterwuun-Kaseel (drow for “The Truth in Names”), according to Carlos, might be more important than the recovery of the Septasigilurue.

Second, the Six Fingers have rescued a number of surface dwellers from the region of Luruar, including several people from Rock Hammer. One was a man named Gidas Silverstar. He and his wife were captured in Everlund by the tiefling named Torment. Gidas was sold to the Blood Reaver hobgoblins and taken to the Underdark. His wife, Elin’qa, was sold to a group called the People of the Black Blood, who now hold her hostage north of Sundabar.

Third, and perhaps most important, a very interesting person was rescued by the Six Fingers. A dwarven female named Lady Aralynn Battlehammer of Mithral Hall. Her great-grandmother was betrothed to Kregnok as a child. The marriage, of course, never took place as the young Kregnok was full of wanderlust and never returned to his dwarven clan. From what Keira could gather, Mithral Hall is looking for allies via marriage, to help defend themselves against the ever encroaching Many Arrows Orcs.

Lady Aralynn is currently on her way to Rock Hammer to see you.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Excellent! We will receive her ladyship as befits her title, after she's had time to recuperate from her travails.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:11 pm

You had heard from your brother, Immur (who runs the family business of Deep Mines Company) that Lady Aralynn Battlehammer had just arrived from the Underdark through newly opened sections of the mines in Rock Hammer. It is a bit unnerving that your family’s mines now lead right to the Underdark, but Immur and the other master masons ensure the entire passageways are booby trapped to ensure that if creatures of the Underdark were ever to set foot in your mines they would be crushed under a thousand tons of stone.

Lady Battlehand lead the other refugees from the Underdark to the surface, several of them were residents of your city while most of them were from the nearby cities. You quickly sent order to see that her and all of the survivors saved by the Six Fingers were taken care of.

A few days later you are working with Yumi of the Kingdom Society and Wesley Droverson: Temel Ward rep and soon to be the Hand of the King, about appointments to your future kingdom. They have three suggestions:

Norian Hunterhawk is resident in the Temel Ward who has worked in Waterdeep in a similar position to vice. Since he has moved to Rock Hammer he has helped Wesley uncover two Sons of Temel hideouts that led to several arrests. Wesley suggests that Norian head up the Vice department under the City Watch heading.

Yumi suggests that Falmir Lunini, brother of president Fiona Lunini, and great-grandson of Umberto, be placed in charge of Law Enforcement. He has been a sergeant with the City Watch for some time, and has lead the current Watch in the absence of Officer Greywind. Yumi also says this will help alleviate some misconceptions that you are somehow against the Lunini family.

Third, Yumi suggests that Darvin Surehand (the merchant you rescued in Everlund during the Gibbous Moon adventure) be put in charge of Trade Development un the Commerce heading. He is a noted and respected merchant and best of all, he is not from Rock Hammer and has no associations with the Rock Hammer Trade Coalition.

You hear a knock on the door as you are wrapping up your meeting with Yumi and Wesley. In walks Lady Aralynn Battlehammer and dwarven warrior you later learn to be Hrim Stonehands, bodyguard to the Lady.

She is beautiful. Stout in frame, but curves in all the right places. And a smile that would warm the deepest dwarven holds.

Introductions are made and you both are about to engage in tales of your forefathers and foremothers when you come up with a better idea. “My family runs a little brewery nearby, perhaps we-“

“Nok and Nak’s?!?, she asks with excitement, “I thought ye’d never ask!”

The two of you, with Hrim in tail, head down to the brewery. Aralynn is well seasoned in royalty and politicking. She smiles and waves at all the children, and slaps the backs of all of the dwarf men along the way. At Nok and Nak’s, the two of you kick back and trade tales of your ancestors, and downing an ale for each one.

The two of you really hit it off, but you wonder what she is up to. Are you two really to wed? Why did she seek you out after all of these years?
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 am

DM Note - Ok, we are going to side track a little from the above post. This one below takes plave about the same time (ish). If you want to respond to Un'Goro's post, do it here in your thread and I'll copy it into his thread. Also, you can respond to the thread above.

Ungoro invites Baern and Xune into his humble apartment. His bear companion, Cojiro lounges in the sun filtering through the small window, one of two in the meager home.

Un'Goro: "My friends I fear that Homba has betrayed us. While inquiring about some curious events in the Lower Wards, I was attacked. I questioned the leader of the guard, our guard," Ungoro pauses, stifling a snarl. "He said he was told to stop my inquiries, to stop me from garnering the support of the Lower Ward for Baern. He said that our Homba, of The Brigade was directly responsible for the attack." The Half-Orc raises his eye slowly to his compatriots. "Give me reason to not paste the fowl Bologard on the streets of Rockhammer. Give me a reason to not protect our home."

Last edited by Sam the DM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:54 pm

DM Note - this post follows the one above in regards to the news that Un'Goro brought.

Xune: "Ungoro, this affront is vile indeed. I am happy your survived the encounter. You know my contempt for the Bologard family has limited exceptions....however, the words of this man seep from his mouth without honor. Could this simply be an attempt to encourage divisions within the Brigade? What say you Bearn?"
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:10 pm

You are awoken suddenly. Lifting your head you see no one else in your room except for the sleeping Aralynn beside you. Why am I awake so suddenly? You close your eyes and try to think about what just happened.

You were dreaming. You thought back to the time you traveled to the Tarnruth’s Rest in the High Forest with the goal of recovering the bodies of the Fellowship of the Shining Spear.

You dreamt your met the ghost of Tarnruth again. She had urgent news. Something about “evil stirs in the north” and that you must make haste because it is “a precursor of things to come” and something about it being the “first wave in a long, hard war.”

Gasping aloud and nearly waking your wife to be you come to the realization. That was no dream. That was a message.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:25 am

Ok holy crap... I'll try and answer these in some order...

RE Post dated Friday August 3 0911 hrs:

I have no issues with the suggestions for the three appointments. They sound worthy and the political ramifications are sound.

Regarding my blushing bride to be, I will have a conversation with my parents to see if there is any documentation regarding the proposal between the two clans from Kregnok's time.

However, if we're hitting things off, perhaps we should consider moving forward with plans... you know... settling down and what not *grumble*

RE Post dated Thursday August 9th 0838 hrs and Post dated yesterday 1154 hours:

"Ungoro, this is grievous news indeed. I counsel patience. We would be ill served to cast Homba as a traitor without verification. My heart fears that the Bologuard influence is strong, and that family would do anything to serve their needs and wants, including casting our companion as a traitor much like a sacrificial lamb. We must address this issue, either with Homba directly, or through the burden of proof."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:33 am

I missed one... confirming that Tarnruth was the elven spirit that I absorbed a bit of her essence?

So, did I get married already? I know I'm slow to respond, but still...

Not being one to throw aside a warning (from the DM, no less...) I will discreetly seek three to five good scouts and send them north.

I also wonder if I should look into ravens... (yes I've been reading Game of Thrones)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wil   

Back to top Go down

Wil
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Rule of Three-
Jump to: