Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Wil

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Wil   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Rule of Three thread for Wil and his characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Woo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 am

Another warm spring day greets Baern as he strolls through the dwarven ward towards the League of Fighters. Being the charismatic person that he is, everyone waves and greets him warmly during his travels. Unbeknownst to him, Baern finds his feet wandering off the path and towards Nok & Nak’s Brewery.

Valddan Coldforge sees his brother approaching and quickly pours him an ale, which Baern quickly waves off, “Not today, I have much training today.” And without skipping a beat Baern grabs the ale and downs it in one gulp.

“Big day today?” asks Valddan.

Baern thinks for a moment, “Seems like it. I think Shagold has something in store for me.”

“Another test?” asks Valddan as he pours another ale.

This time Baern really does wave the ale off, “Aye, that Back-Bare Dragon Rider makes me feel….funny. Ah, yes, perhaps another test. I don’t know.”

“Well best of luck to you then,” says Valddan, “and come and see me when you get a chance, I might have need of you to look into something.”

When Baern finally reaches the League of Fighters he is met with three people that are very close to him; His close friend Torin Stronghammer, his oldest brother and clan leader Immur Coldforge, and his trainer Shagold Gatecrasher.

Baern laughs, “Ahhh, you shouldn’t have. It’s not even my birthday!”

But the laughter quickly ends when Baern, gauging the reactions of the three men in front of him.

Finally, after what seems to be an eternity, Immur speaks up.

“Baern. It is time for you to accept your destiny and represent Clan Coldforge.”

Shagold nods, “You have proven some level of competence in your short time training here. New goals await you.”

Baern looks across the faces of the three men, trying to figure out what is going on.

Torin breaks the silence, “It’s time for you to get off ye fat drunken ass dwarf!”

A slight smirk crosses Immur’s face, but quickly it is gone, “Are you ready to carry the banner of Clan Coldforge to new heights? That to which the world has not seen since the days of Kregnok?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 pm

"What the devil are you three after? This is some rich joke. Immur, yer the eldest, the position belongs to you. Shagold, I'm still certain I can best ye, and there's still plenty for me to learn. Torin? Shaddup!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:37 pm

The three of them smile and Shagold produces a paper from his desk and hands it to you.


Baern looks over the document, “But, who would I get to join me?”
“Let fate decide for you,” quips Shagold, “you can sign up as an individual.”
Baern thinks about this for a moment. Strangers that I am to trust in battle? Kregnok would have never of gone for that! Certainly I can think of one person to join me.

“Ah, what of Keira? Certainly-“

“No,” interrupts Torin, “she is not ready.”

“But-“

“No. I have spoken to Galdor Dorthonion about it. She is not ready.”

Baern looks lost for a moment, things are happening too fast. This contest starts tomorrow morning.

“Relax brother,” says Immur, “you have the Coldforge blood coursing through your veins. Victory will be yours!”

Baern smiles. The others, seeing that the dwarf has come to his senses and decided to do this smile as well.

Shagold comes up to Baern before he leaves, “If you do decide to keep this group together, let me know. I would have work for you that require many blades.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:54 am

"Very well Shagold. Depending on how we fare, I'll see if we can assist you. Don't think this lets you off the hook for today though!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 am

I'm not sure if you wanted us to level up/down time on here now (Is not now not the time...) but I'll start anyways.

Baern will return to the Fighter's League for training (Second Level Warlord = utility power "Aid the Injured" and a feat "Improved Resources")

He will spread the word over to Torin that the group will be needing magical shards added to equipment, not to mention the usual repairs, and to see if he'd have any under-smiths or apprentices that would be available to do the work, for the standard rates, of course.

Baern will also check up on his favored "niece," and ask her to quietly check around about a certain ritual to retrieve a certain item from a certain cave.

Otherwise he'll keep his ear to the ground for any opportunities, references to "T," and the occasional pint.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Sounds great. First of all let's train with Shagold to level up. You will gain a +4 bonus to all of your rolls in Leveling Up since you are training with him. To gain the new feat your'll need 6 successes and for the utility power you'll need 6 successes as well, for a grand total of 12 successes to level up.

You get to make 3 per D&D day and the DC for this is 11. So, get out your d20 and let me know how many days it takes for you to level up!

I'll have a report for you in regards to the other things you are doing at our next session.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 am

22, 18, 17, 14, 18, 14 = rolls for feat

18, 23, 23, 8, 21, 15, 20 (natural) = rolls for utility power

three days total time training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Everyone was able to get their training done in seven days, so here is what you did with the other four.

For the standard rate, Torin Stronghammer would consider it an honor to do the repairs himself, “Maybe I’ll get to be famous, the dwarf that repaired the weapons and armor of the great grandson of Kregnok, uh, Whatshisface Coldforge!”

By the end of the week Keira is able to get back to you regarding the meteor, “I think I can do the ritual needed to remove the meteorite from the cave wall. I’ve studied the procedure and I’m confident I can do it.”

“However, the question is what do with the meteorite then. Knowing what I know, you don’t want to get the Arcane Academy involved with this. I doubt they’ll even let you take the meteorite, they’ll want to study it instead. Probably even go as far as getting the president’s approval to take it. You might be better off finding an outsider to sell it to. I’m off to Silverymoon this week, perhaps I could look around for a potential buyer?”

Later, you run into Officer Greywind, the head of the City Watch in Rock Hammer. Over a few pints you get to know the very busy man and what he has to worry about. Between the regular policing of Rock Hammer, maintaining the watch at the main gate, as well as the guard in the Government Ward, sniffing out possible conspiracies in town, overseeing the patrols along the Everlund Pass, and sitting on the Council, Officer Greywind has his hands full.”

He offers his congratulations on winning the Heroes of Adventure contest, “Rock Hammer needs heroes, someone to look up to, to inspire to be like.”

Later, Officer Greywind regales in a tale of a recent excursion he took, “We are repairing an old tower some distance outside of the valley. Decades ago it was built to oversee traffic along the Everlund Pass, and it was defended by an elf wizard. The tower has fallen in disrepair and finally the president approved the fund necessary to repair it. “Ah, it was great. I was able to lead the dwarves to the site myself and watch over the work. It was great to get out into the wild again, the smell of fresh mountain air. I can’t tell you the last time I stepped foot outside of the city gates. But, alas, I was recalled to assist in training out latest batch of troops. Luckily I have Falmir Lunini as one of my sergeants, he is the best. I wouldn’t have been able to go at all without his leadership while I was out of town.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Assuming Keira was able to find a suitable and discreet buyer for the meteorite (guessing it's a shard of Abeir?) in Silverymoon, Baern will direct her to perform the ritual, traveling with her as necessary to ensure her safety. If she's not ready to perform the ritual, he'll at least check up on her progress.

Baern will also check in with Shagold, and see if any new tasks have revealed themselves.

A quick trip (or several) to the brewery will also be in order, to see how the permit application process is progressing. If it goes poorly, as Baern expects it to be at this point, he'll try to see who the brewers have been working with to see if he can exert some Clan influence.


Torin will continue doing what he does best, working the forge and smithy. Perhaps his contacts could prove fruitful?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Keira finds you, where else, at Nok & Nak’s Brewery, with a disturbed look on her face. “Can I talk to you? Outside?”

The two of you exit the brewery and Keira spills what is bothering her. “First the good news; I found a mage in Silverymoon that will buy the meteorite. His name is Xorval and he is willing to pay 3,500 gp for it. Great deal. Now the bad news; I went to the cave to take a look at it, maybe even remove it myself since I know the ritual.”

Keira shakes her head in disgust, “I thought you said that place was cleared out?!? It is crawling with giant ants! I was lucky I made it out alive!”

You scowl and instinctively grab the hilt of your weapon, “We’ll clear it out.”

Keira shakes her head. “It gets worse. I saw Galdor Dorthonion and Shedessa Mistymoon instructors at the Arcane Academy talking to Jarek, the hunter who first reported those mysterious drakes, yesterday. I fear we might already be too late.”

You swear to yourself and promise to check it out when the group gets together again.

Keira, looking for the bright side, chimes in, “Maybe it is for the better. That Xorval guy kinda gave me the creeps.”


Shagold is glad to see you, “I do have some work for you. Officer Greywind has tasked us with an investigation.”

Shagold unrolls a document and reads from it:

Quote :
“I have need of your League of Fighters. We have conducted a partial investigation in the criminal activities of a halfling by the name of Jamven Gladenstone. We have it good authority that Jamven has been extorting business owners throughout Rock Hammer with violence. Several citizens have been injured by his thugs, and two are reported missing. I need you to go to his house and search for clues regarding his illegal activities. Should you find Jamven Gladenstone, you shall place him under arrest.”

“Shagold, I ask another favor of you. I need this done on the down-low. I fear someone in the City Watch might be working with him and that is why I need someone on the outside to do this. We also hope that Jamven will reveal to us the location of the missing citizens. Please be discreet in this matter.”

“Regards – Officer Greywind”

Shagold smiles as he wraps up the paper, “I can think of no finer group than the Brigade to apprehend this scoundrel. Good hunting Baern.”


During your frequent trips to the brewery, you have had more time to talk to Adarc and your older brother Valddan about the situation regarding the license to server alcohol problem. “Can’t seem to make any progress on that. Damn politicians can’t seem to get anything going on this. Heck, even our brother Orlan, can’t or won’t get anything done. Bums, all of them I tell ya.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Baern will ask Keira (out of earshot of Torin) to return to the Arcane Academy and quietly see if the mages are going to send an expedition to the cave. If they are, I'll see if Keira can subtly suggest the Brigade for the task.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Keira returns with an answer, "They are heading over to recover the meteorite in the morning, and it sounds like they are doing it themselves. I feared they were going to use some new adventuring party, the Shining Spear, but I guess they were just passing through town on their way to the High Forest.”

Keira sighs, “Here is some more troubling news, I had heard that Galdor and Shedessa and "Lucky" Laxinilly got into a huge argument the other day. The Arcane Academy instructors accused Lucky of being "reckless, and irresponsible" with the findings in the cave. Lucky called them "arrogant and elitists" for bullying their way around town."

"I suppose were could go get it right now, or just let them have it. Your call."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:25 am

Leveling up:

One encounter power gained, here are the rolls:

21; 19; 21; 23; 20 (not nat); 21

Two days total time. I wish I could roll like this in combat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Anything you want to do with those last five days? Logan wanted to hook up with you and talk to some of the council members about getting Nok & Nak the new license. EDIT - I took the liberty of playing it out as if you did go along with Logan (I figured you'd probably want to go anyways). Feel free to do additional things with your spare time.


You and Logan set out to talk to a couple of the reps about getting the license for Nok & Nak’s. The first person you try to talk to is Maravan Zelmor, current council rep for the Amyria Ward. The key word is “try”. Maravan is a bit of a jerk and has no time for “commoners and their common problems”. He waves you off with a hand as he walks away. Hired guards, and nearly a dozen of them, impede you from continuing your questions.

Next, you go and pay a visit to Tain Bravis, an older tiefling and council rep from the Elmshire Ward. He almost appears bored in his manor in the richest ward in town, desperately needing something to do.

Tain goes on to boast how he used to be the president of Rock Hammer Gold & Trust. He waxes about his days when he was powerful in a thriving Amyria Ward. You get the feeling that Tain wants back in and that maybe he was forced out

You ask him about helping you and your cause and you think you see a smile come over his face as if he was thinking, Ahh, they want something I have!

“If you do something for me, I might consider your situation. Let me think about it.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Sun May 01, 2011 1:27 am

Awesome, thanks for doing that, cuz I would have done that. For the rest of the time it would just be following up on other taskings, making sure Lucky's keeping on his side of the meteorite bargain/keeping Lucky's feather's smoothed, and checking in with ol' Torin to see how things are going, and to see if he's found out about Keira's shenanigans with the Brigade.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 am

level up!

Attribute +1 (INT): 13, 22, 7, 14, 15, 13, 14, 15, 10, 6, 18, 21 (4 days)

Attribute +1 (CHA): 22, 13, 14, nat 20, 19, 7, 15, nat 20, 7, 21, 18, 9 (4 days)

Feat (Armored Warlord): 8, 16, 11, 13, 10, nat 20, nat 20, 21, 19 (three days?)

Let me know I can edit later.

Assumptions were 13 for the skill check (11 level 2, 12 level 3) and a +4 bonus for working with Shagold.


Additionally, Baern will be purchasing a magic Craghammer (+1 Vicious Craghammer, lvl 2 common) and trading in his +1 Chainmail for +1 Scale Mail. Please let me know how you want these transactions taken care of. I should have plenty of currency even selling the Chainmail at 50%, but want your input.


Last edited by Wil on Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Mon May 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Leveling up from 3rd to 4th level

  • The DC for each roll is 13

  • You get a +4 bonus for working with a trainer

  • You need six success for your new feat

  • You need eight success for each ability score going up


If you want to sell magical equipment you may do so at 50% exchange rate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Thu May 26, 2011 1:21 pm

It has been a few days so you decide to head down to Lucky’s to see how things are going with the meteorite. Along the way you head past the fountain at the center of the Amyria Ward. There, at midday, is a congregation of followers of Torm. They are making their daily prayers for the brave and dutiful Troy Percival, High Priest of Torm, to return swiftly and safely from his team’s expedition to the high mountains to battle the Church of Bane.

You do overhear something interesting. Two old ladies talking to a city watch guard, expressing their concerns for the paladin’s return. “Rest assured ladies, he took the tiefling weapon-master Dajanni with him. He is the best fighter I’ve ever seen.”

You step inside of Lucky’s Profitable Ventures Company and see Lucky himself behind the counter. Currently he is mesmerizing a group of kids of tales of adventure, gold, and fame. He shuffles them off when you come in.

“Ah, hero Baern! Good to see you friend!”

You cut right to the point, “What news of the meteorite?”

“Shush!” exclaims the halfling. Lucky races around the counter to shut and lock the front door.

“Oh, that meteorite has value. Oh does it ever!” A wicked smiles appears on Lucky’s face, almost as if he has waited his whole life for a big payoff like this. But he quickly gets back to business.

“Our next step is finding the right buyer, one with enough coin. I have dispatched word to several of the bigger cities; Waterdeep, Baldur’s Gate, and Arabel. This may take some time, but oh….it will be worth it.”

“How much do you think it is worth?” you ask.

“Twelve or fifteen, maybe twenty if we are lucky.”

You raise one eyebrow, not sure if you are hearing the halfling correctly.

“Yes, thousand. Yes my dwarven friend, it might be worth twenty thousand gold.” Lucky says with a smile. “Hmmm, here’s a thought. Perhaps we are thinking too small still. This meteorite must be a unique item, therefore we should solicit bids from all across the world, maybe even the planes!”

Lucky calms down after a moment, “Well, let me know what you think. Perhaps we draw too much attention to ourselves if we do that. It’s your call.”


As you leave Lucky’s you find yourself near the main gate of Rock Hammer. You spot Lendri riding atop of cart of goods, with at least a half-dozen Trade Coalition soldiers escorting him. Lendri tells you that he is going to Waterdeep for schooling at the request of his father.

With a mix of sadness and relief you pat Lendri on the shoulder, “Ah, it won’t seem right not having a halfling in the group. Safe travels friend.”

“Oh worry not Mr. Coldforge, I found my replacement! My brother Homba!”

“Oh….great.” What the hell just happened you wonder.

Lendri goes on to describe Homba’s skills and knowledge of arcane magics while you nod your head, seeing the logic of adding a mage to the group. Eventually you start to come around on this idea.

“But, be careful around him,” warns Lendri, “he tends to set things on fire. A lot. That’s why he got sent away. Burned down our house years ago.”

“Wait….what?!?” you shout, snapping back to reality.

“Don’t worry, he’s more responsible now. I think.”


Desperately needing a drink you head back to Nok & Nak’s when you see Keira running down the street to you. Her cloak pulled tightly around her.

“Keira, are you ok? Is it the chills again?”

She nods slightly.

You whisk her off the streets quickly, hoping no one else notices here condition. Moments later you seat her at the fireplace at Coldforge Manor. Finally she starts to warm up before she drifts off to sleep. Once again you think about getting someone to look at her, but once again you talk yourself out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Both Adarc and your brother Valddan are quite excited about the prospect of finally getting the license to add the title “and Pub” to the “Nok & Nak’s Brewery”. They almost seem indifferent to what you and the rest of the Brigade have to go through to get this passed.

You just set your mug down when you hear the screams from the streets. Quickly you dart out of the brewery and see that Rock Hammer under attack.

The skies seem filled with small, white flying creatures, and unmistakable chill washes over the valley. Some of the creatures are on the streets as citizen run to cover. One of these beasts, a white dragon wyrmling, steps in front of you and the two of you are locked in a one-on-one battle.

…to be continued…(on Sunday!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:54 pm

I had nothing special to do for down time, other than ask around the magi of Silverymoon about others experiencing "the chills."

as for the encounter...


"BRING IT ON YA WEE BEASTIE!!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:51 pm

You are all kicking back at Nok & Nak’s tavern over a cold “Magic Potion…Yea!” The tavern part of your favorite brwery has finally opened and business has been great. Valddan and Adarc both quickly see a need to start serving food, both for increased income and perhaps eliminating the drinking on an empty stomach problem that has arisen.

A commotion out on the street pulls your attention away from your drinks as a large contingency of at least twenty riders on warhorses trot up Coldforge Way. Four heavily armed Knights of the Silver walk into Nok & Nak’s and stand by the door. Shortly after that, two others enter. One you recognize as Blaynden Darhunson, the other is an old half-elf dressed in exquisite robes.

Blaynden bows, “Baern, and the esteemed members of The Brigade, I present to you, Methrammar Alustrial, High Lord of Silverymoon.”

Although you do not know him, you know of him. He is the son of High Lady Alustrial of Silverymoon, who was in charge of the confederation of city-states unified against common enemies during the days of the Lords of Rock Hammer. It was with her that Umberto negotiated Rock Hammer’s independence within the Silver Marches.

Methrammar nods slightly, “On behalf of all that you have done for Silverymoon in protecting the Gem of the North, I thank you.” The High Lord slowly goes around the room, smiling, and shaking everyone’s hand. “If I might have to room to speak with Lord Coldforge for a moment?”

You all file out, wondering what he and Blaynden could have to say to your friend Baern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Methrammar smiles again, “I understand you seek rule over your republic, my friend.”

You stammer, “Well, it’s not-“

The High Lord of Silverymoon rests his hand on your shoulder, “Worry not, you will have my full support. Since we lost the support of the dwarves of Adbar, Mithral Hall, and Felbarr we have sought to form new and strong alliances with other likeminded cities in Luruar. Anything we can provide for your coronation is at your disposal. Funds, troops, alliances, anything that will prove to the people of Rock Hammer that you as King is the only choice for them.”

Your first impulse is to back up the conversation and explain how you have some trepidation about becoming president. Then you notice Merthuvial on your hip. You remain quiet.

“But I wonder if you will do the same for me? Our defenses of our city have been…compromised. Blaynden here tells me how close you were to retrieving them. While I am thankful they did not fall into the hands of the Netherese, I am concerned about the drow, House Faen-Tlabbar, having them.”

Methrammar takes a deep breath, “I ask that you assemble a strike force to enter the Underdark, and track down the Septasigilurue.”

You almost fall out of your chair, “The Underdark?!?”

Methrammar reassures you, “Fear not my dwarven friend, Blaynden will be providing you with some assistance. Now, I’m not proposing that you and your comrades go, you have a kingdom to claim. But I am certain you could come up with another party, loyal to you, to send in your place?”

Blaynden nods, you sense that while not his fault, he feel responsible for your time in Sundabar, being deceived by the drow Metzuk. “We will provide guides, equipment, and knowledge of the Underdark including survival techniques and contacts. Your group will be able to establish a base of operations in Forgehome.”

Blaynden looks you right in the eyes, “I wouldn’t send your friends into the Underdark carelessly. It will be dangerous, but we will provide them with everything at our disposal.”

The High Lord of Silverymoon and Blaynden the Harper agent both look upon you awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Wil

avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Wil   Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:14 pm

"Well Lord Methrammar, I have a deep appreciation for the lengths one will go to secure hearth and forge. I am certain the Brigade can wrest the Septasigilurue from the Drow with little problem. However, you request associates and comrades, untested by the chaos of combat or strengthened by the bonds of mutual struggle and companionship."

Baern will furrow his brow, in thought, as he pauses to contemplate the request.

"I know of one who chafes at her schooling. Perhaps some adventure is what she craves, and I have no doubt her magical skill will come in handy against the dark elves. The question then, is whether you wish to make this a public announcement, much like the competition that brought the Brigade together and to fame and fortune, or rather a private affair, built by recommendation alone. Tactically, the element of surprise against a group as informed as these drow infiltrators would be preferential."

"I will ask of the Brigade. I'm certain the other members have allies that would be well suited to this dark task."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wil   

Back to top Go down
 
Wil
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Rule of Three-
Jump to: