Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Jordan

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Jordan   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Rule of Three thread for Jordan and his characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm

“Again!”

Thump-thump!

“Again!”

Thump-thump!

“Again!”

Thump-thump!

“Enough!”

Talain walks around the practice area, eying the two warriors in training. Logan wipes the sweat off his brow thinking that it was just a few months ago that he and Carlos finished making this training ground.

“You movements are fluid, your attacks are precise, and your tactics are sound,” quips the General, “you may take your leave.”

Logan breathes a sigh of relief and drops the wooden swords to the ground. Carlos looks on for similar words.

“No. You continue. One hundred more.”

Carlos groans under his breath and continues to bash away at the practice dummies.

“Logan, a word before you leave” asks Talain.

The two exit the yard and enter the cool interior of the General’s home. The bashings of Carlos fading away as they leave.

“It is time, Logan Longfang, I can teach you no more.”

“Wait…what? What are you saying?”

“I am saying that I can teach you no more. It is time for you to put what you have learned to the test. To venture out into the world and experience what it has to offer.”

Logan stands in shock.

“When I was a youth I was chomping at the bit to get into real action. You should have seen me, fresh out of the War Academy and the world ready to die by my blade. Heavens, I don’t even think I had seen an orc before that day. The War Academy taught me well, but being in real combat….well that is another story completely.”

A confused look crosses Logan’s face, “It’s hard to imagine you ever not prepared, why when I first met you those orcs-“

“Believe me son, I was terrified my first real fight. Seeing the savagery of that first orc, the intent to kill me rippling through his body. That is something the academy could not teach me. Eventually the instructions that were drilled into my head came back and I was fortunate that first day. The experience and knowledge I took from that was incredible. Now it is time for you do to the same.”

Logan glances out at Carlos in the yard, sweltering in the mid-day sun.

“He is not ready,” says Talain, “but he is getting there.”

Logan thinks of all the years he spent with Carlos, “I’ll wait-“

“No. You time is now. What say you? Are you ready to spill blood for real? Ready to defend noble virtues? Ready to rescue princesses from dragons?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:06 pm

"I've wanted nothing more than to honour my ancestors with our enemies blood, but I could never image a battle without Carlos there to share in the carnage. If you believe it better for me to leave alone then I will! I am honoured to be a defender of the free. Where would you have me go first?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Talain smiles, “Good….good news indeed.” He hands Logan a paper to read, “ Come with me.”


Logan bellows, “What is this?”

Talain, without even hesitating, “Your first real test, no follow me.”

How are we to set up tactics with complete strangers? Wonders Logan, and it start tomorrow!

Logan follows his mentor through his house down into the basement. He rummages through a chest searching for something. Finally he finds the +1 magic item that you have selected.

“This is for you, may it bring you honor and glory in the coming days.”

Logan shakes his head, things are moving quickly.

“It is best you take rest for the remainder of the day. The events tomorrow will be the greatest test you have ever taken so far,” smiles Talain “so go. Out with you!”

Logan beams with joy and excitement, but doesn’t have anyone to share that with since Carlos must remain for training.

“One last thing before you go,” adds Talain as Logan is about to exit his house, “I understand that a member of the Rock Hammer Trade Coalition would be on your team tomorrow. Be cautious, they are by nature and untrustworthy lot.”

Hmmm, that is an odd thing to say, thought Logan. In all of his time knowing the strategist, Logan has never heard him speak of politics.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Ok, Ready, Set, Start Rolling!

For your new level!

You should be gaining a new feat and a utility power and each one requires 6 successes each to acquire (for a total of 12). It's a d20 roll and the DC is 11. You get a +4 bonus to all of your rolls since you'll be working with your trainer, Talain. You get to make three rolls per D&D day so start rolling and let me know how many days it takes for you to get 12 successes. Also, post up what you'd like to do with the rest of this two week burnoff to level up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Sam!
I wasn't sure how many roles I needed seeing as Logan is only getting one feat this level and nothing else. I rolled 10 times these were my numbers before any talain bonus believe that!
Nat 20, 11, 15,17,17,9,18,8,15,11 boom!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:53 pm

so Im guessing since I used 2 days to train my 1 feat I have 12 more to burn. First I will spend a few days training with Carlos making sure he is still alive, I will also check in at the fighters guild look around meet some people, I also want to check in with Baern on getting either my sword or my shield imbued with the stone (is the shield a good option?), and last I want to spend some time hanging out working doing what I can at Nok and Nak's can roll to see if i get drunk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Looks like everyone can be done in seven days, so here is what you did over the last five.
Carlo is well and good, but he sounds a little depressed, “I don’t know if this is for me, this smashing sword to shield. It feels so…unrefined. Talain says that in combat I make the mistake of trying to move everyone on the battlefield at once, or pin them all down. He says I think like a spellcaster, not a dwarf warrior. Who knows, perhaps he is right.”
You hang out at the League of Fighters a bit, and get to know all of the trainers, between the work they make you put in here as well as the sessions with Talain, you are going to be a formidable fighter. But an exhausted one as well. You and Baern hold the rank of “Associate” in the guild.

Baern is able to point you out to Tim’s Shop of Enchantment located in the Government Ward to see what he can do with the magic shard gained from defeated Treggar and his men. Tim says that for 50 gold, he can imbue it into either item, but things that you will be better served with it in the sword.

You do make friends with Erade Ashangor, and older human that teaches at the Arcane Academy. You tell him of Carlos and Erade thinks he should talk to him, see if he might have the “arcane spark” to pursue his studies at the Academy.

Last, you’ve been able to spend a little time with your uncle, Adarc, at the brewery. The two of you share stories of the Red Tiger Tribe, and of Grognak and how popular he was despite knocking Kregnok into a pit of lava.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 pm

During the down time Logan "That's what the ladies call me" The Huge will make the rounds: Carlos, Talain, Gatecrasher and the fighters quild, and the brewery. Is there anyone Logan can talk to or anything he can do to see about getting the licence to sell for the brewery?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Carlos is doing fine and he seems to really be settling in to the school, and actually excelling at it. It’s nice to see the lone dwarf with a focus in life.

He does pull you aside at some point, “No classes today, seems like the instructors are all worried about what some hunter has to say. Something about some magical drakes that crap magic residuum or something like that.”


Talain presents a challenge for you, “It is time to test the resolve of The Brigade in combat. If, during the next week or so, you and your group can get through an encountered without anyone getting bloodied, then I’ll have a reward for you. Make me proud, Logan the Huge!”


Shagold does have work for you, “I just gave the document to Baern, he knows what needs to get done, I’m sure he’ll be cluing you in shortly.”
As you leave, Shagold whispers, “It’s a secret mission, so not a word of this to anyone, understood?”

One night you and Carlos head down to the Stone’s Throw tavern and share a beer with a government clerk. After a few beers, Blake is a little looser with his words regarding the brewery’s trouble getting a license to serve alcohol in Rock Hammer.

“The Block votes it down every time. Who is the Block? That’s kind of an inside joke. They are those who wield most of the power in the Council, since the President is so weak.”

It takes a few more beers to get more information out of him, “Elmshire Ward, Amyria Ward, Rock Hammer Trade Coalition, and whatever others that are bought out by that damn Milo. What a jerk he is!”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Havn't rolled to level yet, but wanted to cover the downtime. Making the rounds: Training with Talain, check on carlos, give him the orb from the ghost, check in with gatecrasher. Logan is also going to see if he can convince talain and baern to go with him to speak with the reps from the elmshire and amyria wards as well as any other influential citizens that could help push past Milo's block of the licensing for Nok and Nak's. Also inform talain of our failure to stay above bloodied and ask if he has anymore challanges for us. Does Talain have any students at his school?

edit:
rolled 8 times in order to get 6 successes so 3 days used to train.

2nd edit: I didnt gain any powers for level 3 so if I only need 3 successes then I made it in 1 day. my first 3 rolls were success then i failed rolls 4 and 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:06 am

Over the course of the week, Talain presents you with a new set of challenges. Two of them are designed for the group (get through an encounter with no one being bloodied, and get through an encounter using only at-wills), and two of the challenges are designed for just you (perform an act of heroism, and choose not to attack in round one). I’ll give you a handout with these and a little bit better explanation for them as well. Talain only has you as a student right now, but he still works with Carlos on tactics from time to time. He is always on the lookout for more students and encourages you to send possible candidates to him if you find any.

Carlos is grateful for the orb as he has been working an arcane focus to use. He has gotten to know Keira a little a she is also a student at the Arcane Academy. He can also fill you in that he thinks it is only a matter of time before the Academy finds out that it was the Brigade that took the meteorite from the drake cave.

You and Baern set out to talk to a couple of the reps about getting the license for Nok & Nak’s. The first person you try to talk to is Maravan Zelmor, current council rep for the Amyria Ward. The key word is “try”. Maravan is a bit of a jerk and has no time for “commoners and their common problems”. He waves you off with a hand as he walks away. Hired guards, and nearly a dozen of them, impede you from continuing your questions.

Next, you go and pay a visit to Tain Bravis, an older tiefling and council rep from the Elmshire Ward. He almost appears lonely in his manor in the richest ward in town. Grateful for the company, Tain goes on to explain how he used to be the president of Rock Hammer Gold & Trust. He waxes about his days when he was relevant in thriving Amyria Ward. Tain forgets his manners and asks about your venturing party and passing along his congratulations for winning the Heroes of Adventure contest weeks ago.

He takes his time asking you questions about the situation and mulls it over in his head. “I definitely want to help you and your friends so let me think about it for a bit. In fact, I might have some work for you.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Thu May 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Talain is pleased to hear of your accomplishments on your last adventure. “Rest assured Logan, these tests will prove beneficial in the long run. I have some rewards for you along with some new challenges.”

Talain hands you two items; a Potion of Resistance, and the alchemical item called Woundpatch.

For the Brigade, you still have the same two challenges. To get through an encounter without being bloodied and to get through an encounter only using basic attacks and at-wills.

For yourself you have two new challenges; Have enemies swing and miss you on three straight attacks. And Skip your turn to Aid Another but not in the waning moments of battle.

You decide to check up with the tiefling Tain Bravis ward rep of the Elmshire Ward. He does, in fact, have work for you.

“Have you heard of adventuring group of fame, the Stormcrow Company? No? Well you should. They were fabled in their exploits. Legend has it that they placed all of their accumulated treasure in a tor in this very region. Mind you, they had defeated countless and powerful enemies over the years, the treasure must be impressive. All of it is yours. All I ask for is an item known as a Wraithstone.”

“See me when you return from Silverymoon and I will give you the location of the tor. Return to me the stone, and you will have your treasure and my vote.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Sometimes you think training with Talain is pointless. You are proven yourself on the battlefield and together with the Brigade, you have defeated fierce creatures. Then again, sometimes Talain smacks you upside the head with a move you cannot defend. Perhaps that training is not pointless.

After the session is over, you are left by yourself in the training yard. You plop down next to a bucket of water you plan on downing before getting up.

You sit and think what it will mean to your cousin Adarc Longfang when the Brewery is also a Pub. Oh, that party they will throw that night! The smile quickly vanishes from your face because of the screams from the street. You grab your weapon and investigate. Rock Hammer is under attack.

The skies seem filled with small, white flying creatures, and unmistakable chill washes over the valley. Some of the creatures are on the streets as citizen run to cover. One of these beasts, a white dragon wyrmling, steps in front of you and the two of you are locked in a one-on-one battle.

…to be continued…(on Sunday!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:12 pm

You are restless.

Something has been bothering you since you drew that card from the Deck of Many Things. Food doesn’t taste as good, the mountain air isn’t as fresh. Nothing seems to get you out of this rut. (DM Note – you can’t gain XP until you resolve this thing with the card).

You are lying in bed, unable to sleep, and staring at the ceiling when someone walks up to the side of the bed. Normally you would have bolted out of bed and drawn your sword, but you hardly care anymore. Let them get the drop on me.

This lithe, muscular humanoid stands over you. His skin shines like polished obsidian and his eye glitter with malevolent green light. You have seen many tieflings in your life, and this being seems so much more demonic than any of them.


“I understand you have something to do,” he says with a wry smile, “Let’s get you back on your feet.”

You stand slowly and are amazed that he is over two-feet taller than you and he is dressed in the most elegant finery you have ever seen. He seems….very important and powerful.

“I know exactly what you want. A return to the gladiator arena, perhaps? To feel the sand beneath your feet? The cheers of the crowd?

Your heart races with excitement for the first time in a while, the stranger smiles and points to the wall. There, a portal appears and beyond the see a barren landscape.

"Come with me and I’ll find what it is you need.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm

"what could I have to lose... There isn't enough adventure with anyone here but Baern" ... (and I'm sure he'd understand if I went out for awhile) "Show the way then and tell me who you are and what I have to look forward to"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:03 pm

The creature gives you a heartwarming smile and a slight bow, “My name is Graz’zt and I am here to guide you to your destiny, so that you may unlock a greatness that possess within you.”

Graz’zt stands beside the portal and waits for you to go through to the barren landscape beyond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:13 am

"well let's see what destiny has in store for us... I have a feeling this is going to be a painful experience..." Logan will proudly step through the portal without hesitation thinking: "at least I might have a chance to kill something... Maybe even this clown".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Did I mention he was 9’ tall? Anyways…

You step through the portal and onto the barren landscape. The ground is cracked dry and the air is hot to breathe, sweat immediately starts dripping off your brow. Graz’zt starts walking off in what seems to be a random direction and you follow closely.

“I have foreseen your destiny, or rather, I remember your destiny,” the demon says with a smile, “Perhaps you and I have already done this once before?”

“What? Who?” you ask as you labor to breathe.

“Who are you to kill? A king that would reign terror down on the likes of you and your kind,” he answers, “I am actually doing you a service.”

You are confused. You know the card you drew from the Deck of Many Things, and you know you need to kill a good person. But what is it that Graz’zt speaks of?

Seeming to read your mind, the demon answers. “Good is such a subjective term. Believe me when I say I have the perfect…creature in mind for you to slay.”

Before you can ask Graz’zt snaps his fingers and you now find yourself in a city, but not one you can even imagine. You feel a combination of being pulled into the ground both physically and psychologically. Sunlight pours forth from the ground, casting long shadows into the grey skies. The architecture is strange; demonic and dark. The denizens of the streets are predominantly demon, but you do see a few drow, githzerai, and efreets.

“Where….where are we?” you ask as you spy other floating masses of terrain in the skies, each containing other massive cities as well.

“This is the Triple Realm of Azzagrat,” he says, and seeing that you don’t understand, Graz’zt continues, “You are in the Abyss.”

Grazz’t leads you through the maze-like streets and alleys of Azzagrat. You don’t think you would live two minutes in this place with all of the demons around, but in the company of Graz’zt they all obediently bow.

A small, spindly demon emerges from a merchant’s door with a six-fingered sigil on it, he gasps as he sees Graz’zt and bows as deep as his legs will allow.

Coming out of the door next is another demon, crimson in color and over 10’ tall carrying a spiked flail. He kicks the spindly demon and knocks him over and barks at him in Abyssal.

A hush falls over the crowd as Graz’zt takes interest in this situation. He calmly walks over to the crimson demon, whose muscles ripple from the upside down sunlight.

Finally the crimson demon takes notice of Graz’zt. The crowds on the streets, including the spindly demon all scatter. You even take a step back, worried about what will happen next.

Graz’zt calmly closes the door and places his six-fingered hand onto of the sigil, demonstrating to the demon that it is a perfect match. It must be some sort of symbol to others to let them know they are favored by Graz’zt, and not to be messed with.

The crimson demon growls and hefts his flail above his head, preparing for a fight. Graz’zt just waves his hand at the demon. The crimson demon lets out a loud and ferocious battle cry but Graz’zt doesn’t budge.

The crimson demon coughs. Then coughs again. He lowers his weapon to fight through a coughing fit before raising his flail again. He lets out another battle cry but this one doesn’t sound as loud as the first but you can hear a gurgling sound as well.

The crimson demon drops his flail and coughs uncontrollably, then he falls to his knees, coughing up specks of green-ish liquid.

All the while Graz’zt stares him in the face. The specks of green-ish liquid stain the streets and start to burn tiny holes. The coughing is getting worse as this mammoth of a demon curls up in a fetal position, his skin color turning from crimson to a sickly green. Holes, tiny at first but growing larger, appear sporadically over its body and as they do, the demon starts to melt from it. He is being consumed from the inside. From acid.

Two minutes later all that is left is a sizable hole on the sidewalk, Graz’zt ends his stare down and returns to you.

“Shall we continue?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:11 pm

"Grazzt I feel at this point my fate is in your hands. What would you have me do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Graz’zt nods and smiles politely while ushering you forward. It is difficult to figure this guy out; he just slayed a demon from the inside out, but yet remains charming and charismatic.

Down a dozen more streets in this maze-like city that is Azzagrat, until you stand before the Palace of Zelatar, which is magnificent to say the least.

You don’t even realize at first that you passed through another portal, but the countryside outside of the palace has changed. You ask your host what happened and he points to the sky where you see a different floating mass of terrain in the sky,

Quote :
“We were there, now we are here. The Palace of Zelatar exist is several places.”

While the denizens outside of the palace had respect for Graz’zt, the inhabitants inside the palace are completely subservient. Even the largest and most fearsome looking demons bow deeply in their lord’s presence.

Graz’zt leads you into a strange building through a set of massive double-doors. The three other walls hold three portals each, and they all lead to different locations. The image in each portal exists only for a few seconds before it changes to another. Between the nine of them you see a forested area, a castle in the sky, the bottom of a waterfall, and the ninth plane of hell.

Graz’zt walks over to one of the portal and waits. Without turning to you, he barks an order;

Quote :
“Take your blade.”

You heart races with fear and anticipation as you finally lost the melancholy that has plagued you since you drew that card. Today you rid yourself of that feeling for good. You draw your weapon, but find that it is gone.

Before you can ask Graz’zt, without taking his eyes off the portal, he hands you your sword. How did he get it? No matter, you grip your weapon tightly and clench your teeth, it is time for battle!

The image of the portal flicks to a gladiatorial arena, discarded weapons and blood stain the sands of the arena. You can barely see a figure in the distance.

Graz’zt finally takes his eyes off the portal and turns to you,

Quote :
“Now. Fulfill your destiny.”

Full of the same bloodlust the propelled your grandfather, Grognak Longfang, you burst through the portal. The air is stuffy, the arena is underground. The crowd cheers with delight at the other figure, who is kneeling off in the distance. You can see the cuts and wounds on his massive back, and the body of his combatant lying in front of him. He must have just slayed him. The winner raises a fist in the air, and the crowd goes berserk.

Something monumental happened here, as if the champion won freedom for everyone by slaying a cruel dictator. The crowd chants their hero’s name,

Quote :
“Bur-To-Nas! Bur-To-Nas!”

A single shout from the crowd changes everything. A hush sweeps through the stand as they all stand and point at you. The hero raises his exhausted head.

The head of a bull.

The minotaur turns toward you and stares, unbelievably, at you. The crowd that was just rejoicing, is now furious. Hundreds of them leap over the stands and rush towards you. They are all minotaurs and they intend to rip you limb from limb.

But something stops them. Honor? Rules? Hidden forces? You don’t know, but you know they don’t want to. You know they only want to kill you on what should be a day of glory for them.

The crowd of minotaurs, each standing over 8-feet tall, form a circle around you and their hero. They curse at you of unspeakable things they will do to you, your family, and anyone you have ever known. But still they remain at a distance for now.

The hero reluctantly picks up a battle axe and uses it to prop himself up. He is badly wounded; a large gash streaks across his chest that still pumps out blood every second, his leg looks to be nearly broken as bruised as it is. The hero breathes heavily, but lifts his axe above his head and shouts out in a raspy voice,

Quote :
“By the will of Baphomet, we of Saruun Khel will be free!”

The crowd shouts with excitement, spiritually lifting their champion, Burtonas, to victory.

You easily deflect the first blow with your shield. His moves are slow in his weaken state, but they land with a great deal of power behind them. Quickly you learn that the more you draw this out, the better your odds. Only the chants of “Bur-To-Nas” from the crowd seem to keep the hero on his feet.

Then you land a clean blow.

Not a great one, but a hit nonetheless. A glancing blow across the midsection, not deep, but a long cut. You regroup into a defensive position, but no counter attack is coming.

Burtonas pauses, and coughs up blood. A hush comes over the crowd as the hero clutches at his wound. His feet fail him as he lumbers forward, sinking to his knees. The proud minotaur screams out in pain that echoes through the massive underground cavern you are in. His axe falls at your feet. What the hell happened, you wonder as you look down at your blade. Faintly you can see a sickly green-ish liquid coating your blade. You are momentarily horrified that you acted dishonorably, even though it was without your consent.

Burtonas looks up,

Quote :
“You….are….Ur Ardnoranti”


...and seconds later, Burtonas, Champion of Sarrun Khel, Slayer of Emperor Ambeotin XI, dies.

The crowd, no longer held back by whatever constraints they had before, close in on you. A portal appears in front of you, Graz’zt’s voice beckons you in your head.

Quote :
“Quickly”

With haste you move to the portal, but he axe that Burtonas wielded lies at your feet. Clearly you can grab it and get through the portal before the rushing crowd reaches you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:21 am

You barely make it through the portal with the axe, and after a bright flash and a moment of disorientation, you find yourself back in Talain’s training grounds in Rock Hammer. Almost as if this never happened.

But it did. And you can tell because you feel different. A surge of energy and power coursed through your veins as you deftly ended that minotaur’s life. Hearing the outcry of pure rage from the spectators was especially satisfying. Something you never hear while skulking around in some dark dungeon with the Brigade. Damn, you feel good.

Then there is the axe. The craftsmenship is exceptional and it glows with a slight bluish hue, denoting its magical properties. You can feel it calling out to you to wield it. Holding it up you can kinda make out your reflection on the side of the blade. You look like a badass killer. You howl with a battle cry that would wake the neighbors, and you have half a mind to wake Baern and demand you two go kill something right now.

Then your old self comes back. What of those minotaurs of Saruun Kheel? Will they seek revenge? And did I act dishonorably? What would my father say? What did Graz’zt have me do? Was I blind to his charm and my burning need to spill blood?

“No, I’m still here.”

You spin and see Graz’zt standing in the fighting yard next to you. You raise the axe swiftly over your head in a natural response to being surprised. With a snap of his fingers, the axe is gone from your hands and appears in his. He looks over the most fabulous and desired weapon in history with barely a passing interest.

Graz’zt smiles, “You’ve done it, congratulations Logan of Clan Longfang. You have embarked on a long…..”

His voice doesn’t trail off, but your interest in his words does. You are completely fixated on the axe, completely tuning out what Graz’zt says. At one point you think you hear abyssal being spoken but you can’t really tell. All you know is he has the axe and you desperately want it back.

“Agreed?” asks Graz’zt as he hands the axe back to you.

“Uh, what? Uh, yes, yes!” you quickly snatch the axe out of his hands and closely examine it to make certain it is still in pristine condition.

Graz’zt motions to your new weapon, “That is the Axe of Emperors, it has some conditions to it. You may notice a…new you. We will speak again Logan.”

And in a flash the demon is gone. Did you promise him something? You couldn’t say, all you know is you have the axe.

And a yearning to kill.

Quote :
DM Note – you will now have two character sheets. One will be still Logan the Huge as a 8th level cavalier, the other will be Logan the Dark as an 8th level Blackguard. Each will have a slightly different version of the Axe of Emperors. How does that saying go? Be careful of what you wish for? Muhahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:16 am

Carlos

Having just finished dispatching the tieflings and bronze warder minotaur, the others are reading through the scrolls they found, when time slows down to almost nothing.

A flash and then a voice comes from behind, you whirl and are shocked the see your best friend, Logan the Huge.

A million questions get bottle-necked in your mouth as your try to speak but Logan quickly waves you off. He seems…different. And is sporting a massive battleaxe on his back.

“Carlos, good to see. In addition to the Septasigilurue, I need you to retrieve the other book that was stolen, Asterwunkaseel.”

“What? The Truth in Names book?” you ask.

“The same. It has become very important. Perhaps more so than the other. I must go, good luck my friend, we await your return.”

“Wait!” you shout. Spinning on your heels you turn towards your comrades, still nearly frozen in time. You run over to one of them and dig through their pockets and return to Logan before he completely vanishes.

“Take this!” you hand Logan one of the Sending Stones just before he vanishes from sight. Seconds later, time speeds back up to normal for your friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Sam the DM
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:10 pm

In Logan’s thread we skip forward a couple of months…fall has quickly come and gone in the mountain, pushing Rock Hammer straight into winter.

You have a lot of responsibilities today, but you long for battle. Instinctively you wrench on the handle of your battle axe, eager to spill blood once again.

Talain enter the combat training area before you get started on an early morning exercise, “someone here to see you”.

You turn and see a young Uthgardt barbarian standing in bewilderment of this city. Did I look like that when I first came to Rock Hammer years ago? You chuckle to yourself, perhaps I did, but with my guidance this young man will learn a great deal on his “of age” pilgrimage.

“You’ll get used to it,” you bark out, “the time will fly by.”

Startled, the young man turns his attention to you, he reaches into the folds of his hide armor and pulls forth a parchment. “I’m not here for pilgrimage, I have a message, from your father.”


Quote :
Logan Longfang, son of Kortooth

Things are uneasy here in the north. Several of the more violent Uthgardt tribes are on the move against the civilized folk of Luruar. Meet me in Griffon’s Nest on Shieldmeet and together we can put an end to this. May the Red Tiger honor you in battle.

Kortooth Longfang, son of Kevlorn Longfang

This is one of those time where you wish your father would have elaborated more. What is going on? What tribes? What would spur them to war? Perhaps the Uthgardt messenger here might now more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.msnyou.com
Jordykins

avatar

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Jordan   Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:15 am

Brother! Tell me your name and the meaning of this message!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jordan   

Back to top Go down
 
Jordan
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» RnL & Jordan Rudess - The Avenger
» John Mayer Like you've never heard him before w/Steve Jordan
» More 'Barry B' on LWR 92.5 1986
» Steve Jordan's Yamaha Kit

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Rule of Three-
Jump to: